Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Cole Haan bronze cover today with my K2, and I am not liking the cover at all.
Of course this is my FIRST Kindle. But the cover is too rough and stiff, for my liking. Also I don't like the 4 elastic bands, that hold it.
I am going to return it soon, and wait for a velcro Oberon. Now I know... I will go with a smoother Oberon, maybe one with a pattern just on the front, and with VELCRO for sure!

Just my $0.02!

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Avalon-
I am so happy you love your cover, its very very pretty!

I am very sensitive, to things I'm touching/wearing...

I am sure the Cole Haan will be a great cover, for lots if people!

Although... it did shed from the inside of the cover, on my black pants today.

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ProfCrash said:
I don't know what constitutes too rough but I have read posts from some folks that they did not like the Oberon covers because they were rough. They ended up buying a smoother m-edge and really liked them. Since Oberon's cannot be returned, you might be running a risk ordering one.

I am not trying to discourage you from ordering an Oberon, I love my Sky Dragon, just suggesting that the Oberon covers are not smooth. I don't know how they compare to the Haan covers texturally. Just tossing it out there for your consideration.
I actually had an Oberon cover, I had bought when I was waiting of a K1. I loved it, it had the velcro holding system. The leather on the Oberon is rich and buttery,
and I love the floating look of the velcro. This Cole Haan's texture , for me, was not as nice.
Also I don't like the way, the elastic covers the on and off slider at the top of the K2.
After using the Cole Haan for the few days I did, the elastic bands looked sort of stretched already.
Today, I just received the black Amazon cover, and I really like it a lot! Its sleek, smooth, and feels nice to the touch.
And it does NOT shed on my black clothes, the Cole Haan's inside swede shed on my black pants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.