Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still on my quest for the perfect cover, having gone through the Amazon, M-Edge, Oberon and now... I'm really leaning towards the Cole Haan with the hinge sytem.  I love the hinge system because a lot of times I prefer to read my Kindle out of the cover while lounging at home.  Oberon is beautiful, but the design is a little out there for me and the corners aren't my favorite.  I'll probably end up selling it on the forums if I get the Cole Haan.  But I can't find any reviews!

Please help me out here!  Thanks!

-M

·
Registered
88 Posts
OOOOOhhhhhhh, just received my new Kindle 2 with the Cole Haan cover in woven bronze and the hinge system.  IT'S GORGEOUS!!!  I have a thing for woven leather, so this cover is my dream.  I have 2 Oberon covers (navy butterfly and saddle Tree of Life) which went to my DH, as he got my Kindle 1.  I suspect he won't use the butterfly, but that's his choice. 

So far, the hinge system seems to be perfect (as does my new K2- no sun fading, working perfectly.)  It folds back without any trouble, but closes flat.  I'm a bit concerned about the lack of a closing system, but I suspect I'll get used to placing it in my bag a drop more carefully.  It's not as thick as the Oberons, and seems to be a bit lighter- although that may just be the difference between K1 and K2.

Any other questions??

Berni

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I would love to see a picture of it! 

·
Registered
473 Posts
Does the hinge system on the Cole Haan, pose the risk of cracking the Kindle?
As it does so, with the hinged Amazon cover.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I thought I wanted a cole haan for the reasons you mentioned, but ended up buying a Noreve.

I LOVE the Noreve and think their system for securing the kindle is every bit as secure as the hinges, with NO chance of any damage.

The Noreves are a bit simpler, so if you are after the weave or something like that, no, but they are very high quality leather if that is what you want.

You can't go wrong with the Cole Haan, but may want to consider a Noreve.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have used the Amazon hinge cover with my K2 without any problems whatsoever. I've been looking for something with more color for a while now though, and like you I don't like corner attachments and didn't want to use velcro. I just got a JAVOedge and I love it, it holds the Kindle very securely and is beautiful. You might give them a look too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So, after spending the weekend with my new Kindle2 and the Cole Haan bronze woven cover with hinges, here's a mini review with photos:

It's really beautiful. As you would expect from Cole Haan, it's exceptionally well made- no loose ends or imperfections. The color (which is hard to see in my photos, as they were taken at night with a flash) is a rich, muted bronze- not really shiny, but definitely metallic. Neutral with pizzazz. The weave is not uniform, which gives it some texture, and the inside is a rich tan suede, which feels great. I'm addicted to woven leather, and this is a lovely piece of work.

I'll admit I was worried about the hinge system, but I didn't see anyone who had a problem with the Cole Haan hinges, and I think now I know why. The fold is about 3/4 of an inch to the left of the hinges; thus there is no pressure on the Kindle itself. I hope you can see this from the pictures. The front and back cover are fairly rigid, which allows it to lie flat when closed, thus almost eliminating the need for a secure closure (which was a big concern for me.) The front cover folds completely back, and is very comfortable to hold. It seems to be a bit less bulky than my Oberons, and feels like it weighs a bit less (this is totally subjective- I did not weigh either one.) You would have no trouble clipping a Mighty Bright or other light to the cover.

Photos follow. If there are any questions, please ask.

Berni

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Excellent review and the cover is as beautiful (actually more so) than the online pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts