1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have never had either one so I can't say personally, but if you do a search on the board I think you will find some discussion of it.  I can remember at least one person saying they didn't like the feel of the woven but I'm sure it's a personal preference.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have the chocolate woven cover and it is beautiful!  The leather is so soft, rich and elegant looking.  Also, it is amazingly light.  The only drawback it that is doesn't have a latch to keep it closed.  I love it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kari said:
I have never had either one so I can't say personally, but if you do a search on the board I think you will find some discussion of it. I can remember at least one person saying they didn't like the feel of the woven but I'm sure it's a personal preference.
Kari - Duh! I never even saw that search box. I feel dumb but that's not anything new.

I searched about the woven Cole Haan cover and it is loved more than not. If I order it, then the pebble cover will probably become available right after it's too late to return.

I have the M-Edge prodigy in fuschia and it's okay. I may like it better when I can buy the e-illuminator light for it.

This is really difficult.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Reneaudunn said:
Kari - Duh! I never even saw that search box. I feel dumb but that's not anything new.

I searched about the woven Cole Haan cover and it is loved more than not. If I order it, then the pebble cover will probably become available right after it's too late to return.

I have the M-Edge prodigy in fuschia and it's okay. I may like it better when I can buy the e-illuminator light for it.

This is really difficult.
LOL no need to feel dumb but glad you found some info. on it. I knew I had read some stuff before but couldn't remember details. Yep, tough decisions!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Oh!  I forgot to mention that the inside has the softest suede that you have ever put your hands on.

No, I don't work for Cole Haan.  ;D  I just get excited about nice things.  I love my Oberon covers too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
AnelaBelladonna said:
Oh! I forgot to mention that the inside has the softest suede that you have ever put your hands on.
Ooh, I'd have to agree with that! It certainly fits the criterion in the OP for a cover "that has a good feel while reading". Both Cole Haans have the same goat suede lining which feels like a baby's skin!
The main difference between the two other than the exterior leather is that the woven one has a rigid insert in the cover, and the pebbled is flexible, like a heavyweight leather jacket.

I have the pebbled, which I love. I bought and returned the bronze weave. I think I got a defective one, since the rigid insert seemed warped and the cover would not lie flat. The woven exterior did seem a little rough, but I think that was because of the metallic finish making the leather a little stiff. I believe the dark brown probably has a softer feel since it isn't treated (painted?).

Reneaudunn said:
If that does happen, you could always sell it on eBay (or here). At least the chocolate weave is still available. I'm thinking the pebbled one has been out of stock so long, maybe it was a one time thing, available only for the initial release of K2. I could be wrong though..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh what to do, what to do!

I went to our Kindleboards link to Amazon, ready to click the woven one, but I need to sleep on this.

In my heart I want the soft pebble cover.  However, logic tells me the firmer woven cover will accomodate my Mighty Brite better.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
581 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
It's my job as Accessories Moderator to point out that you can have more than one cover...

;)

Betsy
I agree but the problem is that I have only had my Kindle for not even 1 entire month yet and I have 4 covers already. (Thanks to my non-existent self-control and these boards) ;) PLUS I will be ordering a peacock blue Oberon when they are available. Although that red woven cover sure is pretty........

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had the bronze cover, and I returned it because it shed from the lining, when it was folded over and I was reading, all over my black pants.

Also it was rough on my hands the woven part, but I like things that are very soft, so that's just me.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Oooohhh...that purple Cole Haan cover is calling my name - anything named tanzanite definitely has my attention.  Does anyone already have one of the patent cole haan covers and is there a personal picture around here somewhere?  I do wonder about the feeling in the hands while reading and the interior, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just wanted to mention that there are now hinged Cole Haan covers available from Amazon other than the woven models. There's a pebble leather saddle tan, a pebble leather black, a smooth leather dark brown, and a smooth leather black. All four of these will be available in just a few days (May 2nd). I'm going to order one of them, but they all look so nice I don't know how I'll choose just one!

Clickable links:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Jessica said:
Hi, I just wanted to mention that there are now hinged Cole Haan covers available from Amazon other than the woven models. There's a pebble leather saddle tan, a pebble leather black, a smooth leather dark brown, and a smooth leather black. All four of these will be available in just a few days (May 2nd). I'm going to order one of them, but they all look so nice I don't know how I'll choose just one!
You're right, now all 7 covers have hinges!

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1241060087/ref=sr_gnr_aps?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=cole%20haan%20hinge%20kindle&tag=kbpst-20

1 - 20 of 34 Posts