Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Simon & Schuster, same as Hugh's deal. Very interesting. I wonder if any other big pub companies will start offering these deals to successful indies? Either way, good for her.

·
Registered
509 Posts
RobertJCrane said:
Simon & Schuster, same as Hugh's deal. Very interesting. I wonder if any other big pub companies will start offering these deals to successful indies? Either way, good for her.
I think they took on Abbi Glines as well.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Oh. Do we have to pretend to be genuinely excited for other authors' success even if they're not forum regulars?  :mad: ;D

How about one mega-thread for People Who Aren't You Who Are Doing Way Better?

Oh, man, I got hit with the grumpy stick today. Sorry. Just being honest.  ;)

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
RobertJCrane said:
We might be calling them the S&S deals. How long before a Random House or Harper Collins puts one of these together?

I'm sure S&S is content to make easy money until other publishers get their acts together.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Dalya said:
Oh. Do we have to pretend to be genuinely excited for other authors' success even if they're not forum regulars? :mad: ;D

Oh, man, I got hit with the grumpy stick today. Sorry. Just being honest. ;)
:D Nailed it, Dalya!

However, this is one case where I think we all benefit in some small way, so I can't be too jealous.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If all goes well, I may as well go to S&S with Marigot Magic (my NaNoWriMo project) and the first Sevton adventure (if I ever get a chance to complete it). For Sevton, wouldn't you know I once considered Knopf to take it on?

The catch is, I'm increasingly placing my works in the public domain under CC0, which is where they will forever remain. That said, how will a giant like them react?

Anyway, Hoover and Howey, you deserve it. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Dalya said:
Oh. Do we have to pretend to be genuinely excited for other authors' success even if they're not forum regulars? :mad: ;D

I'm not pretending. Honestly. But everyone is allowed to have a moment every now and then. :)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Dalya said:

Not sure why you're being so grumpy; you have a much better chance of someday landing some kind of deal of your own than most of us, for whom "review offer from publisher" is on the same page of the day-planner as "hell freezes over". :)

Optimism, Dalya. Optimism and coffee and bacon. :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Dalya said:

Here's a hug, Ms. Grumpypants. (((HUGS)))

;D

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
George Berger said:
Not sure why you're being so grumpy; you have a much better chance of someday landing some kind of deal of your own than most of us, for whom "review offer from publisher" is on the same page of the day-planner as "hell freezes over". :)

Optimism, Dalya. Optimism and coffee and bacon. :)
Bahahah. I seem to be working harder every day for less pie. I'm glad to have some pie, of course.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts