Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The only time I've sorta wished for color was when looking at book covers. Other than that... meh.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yeah when I saw one of the headlines saying that the Fujitsu reader made the K2 look cheap. I had to think about that. I thought well sure color might make the K2 look "cheap" but for sure the $1000 price tag makes the $359 pretty darn cheap!

I agree that there is no reason for me to really go for a color ebook reader. The books I read don't need color after all most of my print books are in black and white.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Reminds me of when I had to have a color printer (yes I'm that old) and then I discovered that I rarely printed anything that had color and when I did the ink jets were always clogged.  Now I have an inexpensive B&W laser printer and couldn't be happier.

G

·
It does, however, look to have a bigger screen. That would be a good thing. Not worth the $1000 price tag, but a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
126 Posts
magznyc said:
posted today on gizmodo - how much would you pay for color?
I wouldn't. It's too much temptation for idiots to colorize everything, often garishly. I like books that look like books.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I am kind of hoping that they make two different units down the road, something for basic text, and a seperate unit for the color stuff. I don't want to pay for the bigger screen or color or other stuff, when all I want is my basic reader!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't see color as a necessary feature to be honest. Sure, it would be cool to view photos, or even the web in color, but the main point of the kindle is to read, and you dont need color to do that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow, I think I'll stay with my black & white reader.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't think it's e-ink. The article says that the screen is XGA. I believe that it is like a regular back-lit computer screen, but I can't swear to it.

PJS said:
Yes, from the fujitsu page linked from the article it appears that it is.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wheezie said:
I don't think it's e-ink. The article says that the screen is XGA. I believe that it is like a regular back-lit computer screen, but I can't swear to it.
It doesn't say it in the article itself but it does on the Fujitsu page that you get to from the link in the article. There it describes it as using electronic paper technology and also goes on to say it is not back lit and can be read outdoors (okay so I'm paraphrasing the English translation, which is a bit shaky but you get the idea).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wheezie said:
"XGA" is the same thing as saying that the resolution is 1024x768 (or in the case of a "tall" instead of "wide" device, 768x1024). :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
About the only things I can think of where a color screen would be nice are comic books.

However, I am about fifty years to old to be reading comic books and I doubt there are many available in kindle format anyway.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts