Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

There's an app for that!! :)

I just discovered there are also a bunch of apps for adult coloring! I am addicted! I have completed a dozen just since yesterday and not counting the 8 I did the day before ;). This is perfect for someone who wants something to kill time, is mobile and/or is maybe a little lazy (thats me)! I just love the ease of it and being able to change colors. I have found two I like, Coloring App, which the above is from. It is pretty simple, cute japanese style designs and $1.99 a month with a 7 day free trial (one of the cheapest I found)... The colors are pretty good but a touch limited...and not sure how often they add new designs. Easy peasy to use.

I tired another called Recolor... I just did all the freebies I liked. It seemed a little pricy at $8 a month to unlock more designs and colors...but has a nice easy to use interface and your own gallery to store all you finished ones, which I liked.

I think I'm gong to try Color Therapy, it s 5.99 8.99 (went up since the weekend) to get ALL the extras which seems like a good deal and a nice variety of designs...

I suggest if this interests you to go to your App store and search adult coloring... all 3 of these work on both a phone or iPad... So fun and addicting!

Here is how the Coloring App looks on your device ... you just tap the color and it gives you a variety of shades and you tap the one you want and then tap where on the pic you want to put it.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
nightfire said:
I am not a fan of apps. I want to color on paper - it is the tactile part and the getting away from electronics part that is enticing to many people.
and I totally get that..however I do know a lot of peeps (myself included) with arthritis who have a hard time with the tactical. I also have a friend with MS who finds the digital much easier. I did find another app called Pigment which offers different brushes and can be used with a stylus pen so it is the most like the real thing. It also has the most diverse coloring books/art I've seen so far.

I was just excited to find this alternative, not for everyone but I'm sure some will be interested.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

I am so addicted! I really love this Pigment app and I think for those of you who like the actual tactical part, might really enjoy this. I got a stylus pen and you can actually color with like you would in a real book. It is really pretty easy to use. Here is a link to site which includes a short trailer demo...

http://pigmentapp.co

Happy Holiday!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I use it on my iPad with a stylus. Have been really enjoying it, I wish I could afford the iPad Pro and apple pencil which is suppose to be pretty amazing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts