Kindle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
crebel said:
My adult children (now in their 30s) still expect "Santa" to bring a new box of crayons or colored pencils and coloring books in their Christmas stockings every year and would be horrified if that tradition ended. There were a few years along the way when it was difficult to find "adult" coloring books, but Santa doesn't have any trouble these days. Amazon is actually a very good source. Here are some of the recent books that found their way to our house on Christmas morning.

Love this! And there is nothing better than a brand new box of colored pencils. I would love to find that in my stocking!

The stained glass coloring books have been very popular, like these

Yes, this mom still puts pictures on the refrigerator and the grown-up projects are right alongside those from the grandkids. We all still love coloring and find it relaxing and fun. I would love to know other sources people find.

·
Registered
344 Posts
6 to 8 of the top selling books on Amazon in Print at Adult Coloring books.  I have a site I'm setting up that is almost ready with reviews of coloring books and supplies and a group on Facebook for authors/illustrators that want to create them.  There are over 1300 groups of colorists on Facebook.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Kali.Amanda said:
That sounds cool. Let us know when you are done setting it up so we can check it out!
There will be posts about coloring books going up all weekend, I am still working on the reviews but you can check out the site at http://coloringbookgoodies.com.

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
Eltanin Publishing said:
This is what I get for joining a discussion late - I was so psyched to see the Rackham coloring book, but when I click on it, it's not available and "available from other sellers" for over $100. Oh well... :)
If it is the Rackham illustrations for coloring you're interested in and not specifically the stained glass version, try this one!

·
Registered
108 Posts
nightfire said:
6 to 8 of the top selling books on Amazon in Print at Adult Coloring books. I have a site I'm setting up that is almost ready with reviews of coloring books and supplies and a group on Facebook for authors/illustrators that want to create them. There are over 1300 groups of colorists on Facebook.
May you post a link with your Facebook group?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

There's an app for that!! :)

I just discovered there are also a bunch of apps for adult coloring! I am addicted! I have completed a dozen just since yesterday and not counting the 8 I did the day before ;). This is perfect for someone who wants something to kill time, is mobile and/or is maybe a little lazy (thats me)! I just love the ease of it and being able to change colors. I have found two I like, Coloring App, which the above is from. It is pretty simple, cute japanese style designs and $1.99 a month with a 7 day free trial (one of the cheapest I found)... The colors are pretty good but a touch limited...and not sure how often they add new designs. Easy peasy to use.

I tired another called Recolor... I just did all the freebies I liked. It seemed a little pricy at $8 a month to unlock more designs and colors...but has a nice easy to use interface and your own gallery to store all you finished ones, which I liked.

I think I'm gong to try Color Therapy, it s 5.99 8.99 (went up since the weekend) to get ALL the extras which seems like a good deal and a nice variety of designs...

I suggest if this interests you to go to your App store and search adult coloring... all 3 of these work on both a phone or iPad... So fun and addicting!

Here is how the Coloring App looks on your device ... you just tap the color and it gives you a variety of shades and you tap the one you want and then tap where on the pic you want to put it.

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
nightfire said:
I am not a fan of apps. I want to color on paper - it is the tactile part and the getting away from electronics part that is enticing to many people.
and I totally get that..however I do know a lot of peeps (myself included) with arthritis who have a hard time with the tactical. I also have a friend with MS who finds the digital much easier. I did find another app called Pigment which offers different brushes and can be used with a stylus pen so it is the most like the real thing. It also has the most diverse coloring books/art I've seen so far.

I was just excited to find this alternative, not for everyone but I'm sure some will be interested.

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Are you using crayons or colored pencils for the adult coloring books?  The spaces look so small in the detailed ones.  I would probably make a mess.

·
Registered
108 Posts
nightfire said:
I am not a fan of apps. I want to color on paper - it is the tactile part and the getting away from electronics part that is enticing to many people.
I totally get that. What attracted me the most to coloring books is that I can get a bag of pencils, a piece of paper or a book, color away and do a digital fast for a couple of hours. And it's perfect for stimulating creativity for other future projects because I am not so distracted by all the information going around and new/crazy ideas seem to pop up all the time :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
mlewis78 said:
Are you using crayons or colored pencils for the adult coloring books? The spaces look so small in the detailed ones. I would probably make a mess.
I use pencils and markers. I don't try and stay inside the lines :) I have 7 coloring books published, just search Amazon for my name and they will pop up. Mine are non-traditional - I use a lot of gray and sketchy lines.
If you want a free PDF of one of my books PM me. I don't want to post a link and coupon code here. I guess I can post a thread, never thought of doing that here since coloring books are NOT appropriate for the Kindle.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts