Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to know, are there any men here who've named their Kindle's?  While I'm quite confident and comfortable in my masculinity, I'm having great difficulty deciding whether or not to name my Kindle much less refer to it by name!  :eek:

Here's an idea:  what if i just treat it as a son or daughter and that way I just refer to it as my "Kindle", the same way I'd refer to my son as...well...my "son?"  ???

Even if I did name it, it would have to be this cool, strong, imposing, fear-inducing name!  :mad:

Thoughts?  Advice?  Criticism?  :-\

Just thought I'd throw this topic out there! ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
kellyoz said:
I would just like to know, are there any men here who've named their Kindle's? While I'm quite confident and comfortable in my masculinity, I'm having great difficulty deciding whether or not to name my Kindle much less refer to it by name! :eek:

Here's an idea: what if i just treat it as a son or daughter and that way I just refer to it as my "Kindle", the same way I'd refer to my son as...well...my "son?" ???

Even if I did name it, it would have to be this cool, strong, imposing, fear-inducing name! :mad:

Thoughts? Advice? Criticism? :-\

Just thought I'd throw this topic out there! ;)
I named my Kindle Erle in tribute to Erle Stanley Gardner

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HUH-larious Bacardi!!! 

(Sorry, can't call you by that other title...it just feels....awkward?!) LMAO!!

As a professional sailor, you can guess I'd me more comfortable with the bacardi (sailor-->pirate-->rum!)

As far as the "Only a girlie-mahn namez hiz Kindle, ja!"....epic!

Sandypeach,  I actually live in Ventura County and Erle is know as "Ventura, California's most famous son" according to one website!  (I didn't know that...a quick "google" provided that tidbit!)  But quite a small world, eh?!

G

·
But can you hold your breath underwater for ten minutes like a real pirate! ;)

*hums "Ventura Highway" while you try*

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I think Tinfoil, I mean Teninx, was naming his Reynold.

Over at Amazon, A Boy Named Jack named his Biff. I'm still waiting for Jack to come back.

L

G

·
kellyoz said:
Aye matey!

Then perhaps I can interest you in this FABULOUS boat? It comes fully loaded with both port and starboard gunwales, an ergonomically-designed tiller and the latest in wind-power technology!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Just call him Bud and be done with it...no one will know if you mean bud as in buddy or bud as in Budweiser; either way it'll sound guy-cool.

G

·
Teninx said:
I've never gotten around to the formal naming procedure.
There's "trimming" involved. It's a whole bizarre Judaic ritual. But only a prelude of when your Kindle turns thirteen!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just name it...ummm..."Kitty"...that's right, Kitty...especially if you like to read in bed.  ::)

I call mine...ummmm..."Richard"....that's right, Richard... :eek:  ;D

(Get your minds out of the gutter!!)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Cillasi said:
Just name it...ummm..."Kitty"...that's right, Kitty...especially if you like to read in bed. ::)

I call mine...ummmm..."Richard"....that's right, Richard... :eek: ;D

(Get your minds out of the gutter!!)
Hi Cillasi, welcome! Good to have you here.

I am still trying to remember what was the useful hint you posted over on Amazon a week or so ago. LOL.

Leslie

1 - 20 of 30 Posts