Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Whats the best way of transferring comic on the kindle? I have the whole collection of Peanuts, which I converted using Calibre and then transferred to the kindle. But its not proper, the images are stretched and not easy to read... Is there a better way?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
If you're talking K1, you could probably transfer them as screensavers. . .is that what you were wanting?  But I don't think you can do that with K2. 

On either one, when there are 'pictures' in a book, there's a zoom function that allows for a full screen shot, so they may not look right as you're paging through but maybe the zoom will allow each one to display properly.

Others may have other thoughts. . . . .

Ann

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I m using K1...But I have the comics in the .cbr format. I converted this to the MOBI format using Calibre... But the pages are stretched and not easy to read on the kindle... Is there a better software to convert these formats?

Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
unrequited said:
Hmm, I couldn't get Mangle to read any .cbr files. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I tried to use Calibre to convert a .cbr file to Mobi, and it worked fine, and sent the comic to my K2 just fine. Sadly, the images were simple too small and hard to read. There are a few settings in Calibre when converting from .cbrs, but I couldn't get one that worked right to make the comics readable.

Anyone else working on this?

·
Registered
96 Posts
CBR is a rar (or zip) file of jpg's... no need to convert and reconvert. Just use winrar or 7zip or another extraction utility to get those jpg's out of the CBR then throw them into mangle. Done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts