Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! After lurking for about a month, I've finally joined up. I've had my Kindle since last May (3 days from ordering to receiving...) and we've had a delightful time together ever since. But it wasn't until I found you guys that I learned about a whole new Kindle world. Who knew? Since my lurkdom began, I've discovered that my little Kindle really did have a name after all this time. She is Esmeralda. What a surprise!

And then she needed a pretty new gown. Had no idea such things existed. She's all prettified with a Decalgirl skin (flower burst blue) now and looking very stylish. Screensavers? Made a couple new ones after I found that not only could I, but how to do it. And an SD card? Oh yeah. Just added that this holiday weekend. For the 30 something free books I just downloaded from manybooks.net. Oh, and for the others that I've already read to get them off my ever growing number of pages. Esmeralda *is* my portable library, after all. I also learned about Coinstar and promptly cashed in my $42 worth of change to snag a $10 gift certificate. And then....and then...I went and spent it all on...Kindlebooks! You are a dangerous (but tons of fun) bunch.

Currently I'm eyeing one of those nice Oberon covers. Thinking the Avenue of Trees, but can't peel my eyes off the Tree of Life, either. One of these days, I'll decide. In the meantime, good to be here and I love, love, love my Kindle.  :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Welcome Kate. Nice of you to come out from lurkroom.  :D 

I agree with you, this place is dangerous. LOL  But you'll have lots of fun here. I have Tree of Life and it's gorgeous. I wasn't thinking about the skin but all those talk about it here.... I got the "Energy Blossom" and I love it.  ;)

Shizu

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome Kate, glad to have you here!

You'll enjoy your Kindle so much more with you are hanging out with a like-minded bunch of Kindelholics...

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Oh Kate, you fit right in here! Welcome to you and Esmerelda (love the name). The boards are as addictive as your Kindle. We all share a passion for reading and our Kindles... and some of us are accessory addicts.  ;) Glad you joined us, we have a lot of fun.

Linda

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi Kate, So glad you decided to speak up. I hope you enjoy KindleBoards as much as I do.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Kate. Nice to meetcha!

·
Registered
455 Posts
LOL, welcome Kate! Sounds like you fit in here perfectly!

Hope you can join us in one of the book klubs. :)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I see the welcoming committee has beaten me to it!

Welcome, Kate & Esmerelda!

You sound like you'll fit in just fine here!

Be sure to check out our Book Clubs beginning in January!

Betsy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts