Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You authors are killing me!  I am retired so I have plenty of time to read, but you are such good authors and write such interesting stories I hardly know what to read next.  I have a feeling of loyalty to some authors, but then some of you others sneak in.  What's a girl to do (using girl loosely  :eek: )  I do have a life other than reading, not much but there is another world out there - cooking, rice cookers, eating, walking, DH, tea, coffee, kindleboards, etc., etc., etc.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hahahah, good one, Anju! When I first saw the title of the thread, I groaned a little. Glad my groan turned into a laugh!

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I had the same thought, Leslie.  I ignored it for a few minutes until I noticed it was Dona that started the thread.  And to think, a year ago I could count the number of good authors I liked to read on both hands. 
deb

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
LOL! I have felt the same way many times. Especially since I have no spare time right now and yet I have still managed to read 7 books in the last 3 weeks. Most of which were from KB authors. So knock it off! I have work to do, dagnabit! 

·
Registered
86 Posts
LOL! With all of the drama that's been happening over at Amazon, I was afraid to click on this.
I have more books than I can read, and I'm just now making my way through some I bought in 2008. I need to put a moratorium on any new purchases until those are read.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Anju, I'm putting in my best effort to help you with your plight.

I eat, read, water the plants, pace around the living room, think about what I'll make for dinner, contemplate washing the car for a few moments (then quickly rule that out because I should be writing), eat some more, check the TV lineup for the night for the fifteenth time (as if something will magically appear that wasn't there a half hour ago when I looked), and by the time I'm through with all these tasks...I have not written a word. 

So you are spared on my account  ;)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
mamiller said:
Anju, I'm putting in my best effort to help you with your plight.
I eat, read, water the plants, pace around the living room, think about what I'll make for dinner, contemplate washing the car for a few moments (then quickly rule that out because I should be writing), eat some more, check the TV lineup for the night for the fifteenth time (as if something will magically appear that wasn't there a half hour ago when I looked), and by the time I'm through with all these tasks...I have not written a word.
So you are spared on my account ;)
You are on the list of authors! I am sure it is all YOUR fault!... or maybe Brendan's.... well, at least it AIN't mine!!! ;D ;D ;D Buuuut, if I were a writer, I would have to blame myself... :-[ I am sure everyone else would! :D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Meredith Sinclair said:
You are on the list of authors! I am sure it is all YOUR fault!... or maybe Brendan's.... well, at least it AIN't mine!!! ;D ;D ;D Buuuut, if I were a writer, I would have to blame myself... :-[ I am sure everyone else would! :D
Aaah, but Miss Meredith, you are at fault. ;) You make me believe I can entertain this fine group here, so I continue to write...and then Anju gets mad. :)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
mamiller said:
Aaah, but Miss Meredith, you are at fault. ;) You make me believe I can entertain this fine group here, so I continue to write...and then Anju gets mad. :)
You ARE the MOST entertaining female author on here IMHO. You shall soon sell so many books that you can buy the DX... I just KNOW it! ;D Because you are so much fun!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Meredith Sinclair said:
You ARE the MOST entertaining female author on here IMHO. You shall soon sell so many books that you can buy the DX... I just KNOW it! ;D Because you are so much fun!
SEE THAT'S JUST WHAT I MEAN - ARGHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
You authors are killing me! I am retired so I have plenty of time to read, but you are such good authors and write such interesting stories I hardly know what to read next. I have a feeling of loyalty to some authors, but then some of you others sneak in. What's a girl to do (using girl loosely :eek: ) I do have a life other than reading, not much but there is another world out there - cooking, rice cookers, eating, walking, DH, tea, coffee, kindleboards, etc., etc., etc.
Dona, as soon as I saw it was you that started the thread, I knew I could safely enter.

I know what you mean. I've got several KB author's books on Little Gertie and I don't know when I can get to them. Maybe I should stop writing for a while so I don't add to everyone's load. ;)

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
Miss Anju!!!  I'm so sorry, :-[ but I just published another book on Kindle and now I'm just waiting for the link to apear.  (I heard you didn't have enough books to read!) But I see that is not so.  My heart is broken. :'(
Brendan

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Dona, as soon as I saw it was you that started the thread, I knew I could safely enter.

I know what you mean. I've got several KB author's books on Little Gertie and I don't know when I can get to them. Maybe I should stop writing for a while so I don't add to everyone's load. ;)
I completely know what you mean. For better or worse, my goal is to read every KB author's book. Somewhere along the line, I'll find a way to squeeze in the time to write (although it's easier said than done!). But even the regency romance stuff in The Book Bazaar sounds interesting!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
DON'T YOU DARE!!
deb

1 - 20 of 29 Posts