Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow what a nice set! Nice cover! I loved navy blue! Where did you get it? I must have one too! It goes pretty well with you bag! Great picks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Love the combination of colors, patterns and textures, and your attention to detail with the matching starfish and sunface charms adds to the perfection!
Gorgeous combo, jesspark :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much, Christina! ;D

Coming across the sea star charm was pure luck: I was going through my jewelry box and found a charm bracelet with tons of fish, seashells, and sea stars dangling from it, and you can't even tell that I removed one. The sun charm came with my cover, courtesy of Oberon; I preferred the sea star going on the cover itself, but I knew the moment I ordered my Borsa Bella bag that I'd put my sun charm on one of the bag's zippers. =)

The only thing left to get now? A Hokusai Wave card holder to use as a wallet! (It doesn't have to do directly with the Kindle, so I still consider my combo complete without it.) Right now, I use a metal cigarette case to hold my driver's license and other IDs, but I don't want to keep it in the Borsa Bella bag for fear that the sharp corners would tear the fabric. The Oberon card holder would be a perfect replacement, though -- and, of course, it would match my Kindle cover!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The combo goes well together really well!! Good choice of colors.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wow, that is beautiful!! I have been looking at the Wave design in an organizer, & yours just looks so great I may have to get one!!
Great taste!! :) You put it all together wonderfully.
kjn

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Kind, koolmnbv, and kjn33! :D

I really love my Hokusai Wave design, kjn; I think it's gorgeous, and I love navy blue. I've been really happy with it. I might be in some trouble when Oberon introduces their lighter, sky/peacock blue later this year, though -- as much as I love the navy, I imagine the intricate details would show up better with a lighter color, so I might have to spring for something else (a journal, maaaybe a second cover) if they offer Hokusai Wave in the new blue. I'd also love to see their Seaside design in sky/peacock blue, too, though... oh, decisions!

At least I know the "new blue" would probably still go nicely with my Borsa Bella bag (although not quite as well as the navy). ;D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love, love, LOVE your combo! Great bag! Navy is my fave color too...and I'm awaiting the Navy butterfly. She should arrive on Tuesday. Oh and how did I miss that new blue color?!?!?!?  It's beautiful, and I may have to get a winter cover, lol. Maybe they'll add more designs too. Well, I hope they do anyway.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Beautiful!  I love the different shades of blue.  If I do get an Oberon cover, it will probably be a blue shade.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Great Combo!  I have the Hokusai Wave cover too and it's nice to see it further accessorized with the BB bag and charms. 

·
Registered
294 Posts
So nice, sigh...  great combinations!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for the kind words, everyone! Where's that "aww, shucks" smiley when you need it? ;)

maebeMeri said:
I love, love, LOVE your combo! Great bag! Navy is my fave color too...and I'm awaiting the Navy butterfly. She should arrive on Tuesday. Oh and how did I miss that new blue color?!?!?!? It's beautiful, and I may have to get a winter cover, lol. Maybe they'll add more designs too. Well, I hope they do anyway.
Navy is just such a great color: as elegant as black, but a little livelier. As a young'n, both my junior and senior prom dresses were navy; when I got married, my bridesmaids' and junior bridesmaid's dresses were navy, as well. I'd love to see your butterfly cover in navy when it arrives! :D

Even with my longstanding love of navy, though, that new blue is awwwfully tempting... besides navy, cerulean blue is my favorite color, and that shade comes pretty close. I just don't know if I would get a second Hokusai Wave (since I do love it so much) or spring for Seaside in the new blue! It makes me want to go diving for more megalodon teeth -- if I find a really good one, I could sell it and get as many Oberon covers as I'd like! ;D ...Actually, scratch that; if I had an excess of cash, I'd probably just commission of batch of my dream Oberon cover. Le sigh!

Harvey said:
Your photography belongs in a magazine. Nice work.
Harvey, what a lovely thing to say! Thank you! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts