Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not afraid to let it be known that I am not technically savvy when it comes to computers. In fact, I am still just trying to make sense of the keys on my keyboard let alone the slew of technical terms that I come across everyday. I would really appreciate it if anyone can spare a moment to explain what these terms mean. I think this thread will be useful to new authors who haven't yet published their books. So any help here would be great!

AZW
DRM
PRC
DBT or is that DTB
DTP

If anyone has any other technical terms or acronyms to add to my list, please post them. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
DTB is dead tree book. 
Someone else will have to help with the others.
deb

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
AZW- Amazon's proprietary file type with DRM
DRM - Digital Rights Management, A way to keep you from copying and giving away books you buy
PRC- a document file type
DBT or is that DTB - Dead Tree Book IE a printed book
DTP - ya got me I only know this one as the vaccine for diptheria, tetanus and pertussis LOL

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are terrific. Thanks for explaining the terms to me. Trying to decipher those acronyms was like trying to figure out hieroglyphics. I really appreciate it. If you smell smoke, don't worry. It's only my brain on fire... :D

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Betsy,

I guess Desk Top Publishing means pretty much the same thing as Amazon's use of DTP (Digital Text Platform). Thanks for giving me the original definition. I think the fire's nearly out now. ;)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
There is another thread here somewhere that Harvey started that gives a lot of acronyms that are used here on the Boards.
deb

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drenee,

That's terrific! I'll go ahead and contact Harvey and see if he can direct me to the thread. Thanks again!

(One step closer to enlightenment...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts