Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All -

I signed up for this a few weeks ago and today it's in my inbox. I look at it and there is a blurb about a SciFi series I've been wanting to read by Brent Weeks. It's the first book of the series called "The Way of Shadows".

It's on the far right margin column under the heading "Sci-Fi for a Dollar--For the month of January you can download The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks for only one dollar, compliments of Orbit."

I click on it and get to this page, which has no mention of it being a $1 or of a promotion by Orbit.

What am I missing ???

Marci

·
Registered
150 Posts
Marci - I also got the email and clicked on the Brent Weeks book to download but was stopped short by NOT seeing a $1.00 price.  I thought maybe they hadn't changed the price to match the email yet but I "ain't" buyin' until they do!

Kathy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
HMMMMMM

keep us posted please - I'd be interested as well.

Can't believe I am getting into sci fi LOL

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have that series in DTV - it ias one i eventually want to get on the Kindle. If the first books does drop to $1, I will jump on it.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
There was a thread about this on the amazon board, and someone called customer service about it.  There was something about the promotion code not being entered correctly or something...anyway, sounded like we should be seeing the $1 price soon.

Please post if you see it at a dollar!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have been thinking about picking up this one. How do I sign up for emails so I can get it for a $ too?  (whenever they fix it)

Please and thank you

Theresam

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
bkworm8it said:
I loved his other series and have been thinking about picking up this one. How do I sign up for emails so I can get it for a $ too? (whenever they fix it)

Please and thank you

Theresam
Theresam, I don't think you have to be signed up for the email to get it for a dollar. I think they just mentioned the promotion in the email. That being said, I think you can sign up for the email under your account, go to Amazon Delivers Email Subscriptions, and it's under Digital Text.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I still haven 't read the books I said I read on my scholarship application. I downloaded them before I got my K, but still haven't gotten to them.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Thanks. For a $1, it's definitely worth a shot. It sounds fairly interesting, and at almost 700 pages, you're getting a lot of bang for your buck.

Plus, I want to show Amazon that I support price discount experiments like this.

·
Registered
679 Posts
CS said:
Thanks. For a $1, it's definitely worth a shot. It sounds fairly interesting, and at almost 700 pages, you're getting a lot of bang for your buck.

Plus, I want to show Amazon that I support price discount experiments like this.
The whole series is really pretty good. I also loved how they realesed it - each of the 3 books about 3 weeks apart instead of the normal years with most new series.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beth A said:
The price is now down to $1.00
Beth A -

Thank You for giving everyone the head's up that the price was fixed!!

I just downloaded it.

Yeah, yeah, yeah - I've been looking at this series for a while :D

Marci

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just jumped on the ship and ordered for yes wait for it    $1.00.  Can't beat that with a stick.  Thanks for the heads up.  Roo will love it.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
CS said:

All good points. I jumped on it also. When my kindle finally arives, I'll have a years worth of reading, ready to go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts