Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Way to go, Courtney - that's so awesome :)

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I think you jinxed her - I didn't see it  ???

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I'm not seeing her there-- it looks like Nora Roberts is at #36.  Maybe I'm not looking at the right list?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
EllenFisher said:
I'm not seeing her there-- it looks like Nora Roberts is at #36. Maybe I'm not looking at the right list?
Uuuummm I looked too, all over.

Ok Jackie, Saw your other link it's there, 6/26

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It's totally because of my review. ;) Or, you know, because she is a autobuy for a lot of romance readers and has a stellar reputation. One of those.

Congratulations, Courtney.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Interesting to note:

The 35 titles above Courtney's are all priced higher. A lot higher. Some of them, 30 times as much as Courtney's modest indie price of a mere $0.99.

So price isn't always at the top of people's minds, maybe... maybe people seek out good writers, like Courtney, who's very very good, and buy regardless of price.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
So price isn't always at the top of people's minds, maybe... maybe people seek out good writers, like Courtney, who's very very good, and buy regardless of price.
Well, according to Courtney's cover, she was already a USA Today bestselling author, so presumably people bought her other books (which cost more) in similar numbers, too. Price helps, but people will spend more if they like an author, clearly.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
rexjameson said:
Congratulations, Courtney (when you find this thread :D)!!
I just tweeted her the link. Technology, what will they think of next? :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
EllenFisher said:
Well, according to Courtney's cover, she was already a USA Today bestselling author, so presumably people bought her other books (which cost more) in similar numbers, too. Price helps, but people will spend more if they like an author, clearly.
An anthology she was in at Harlequin with Mary Balogh and (IIRC) Nicola Cornick hit the USA Today list in October/November of 2009 (again, if memory serves).

I think it's most important to notice that she's hitting the list PURELY (it appears, anyway) from her Amazon sales (since the list says it's self-published through Kindle Direct Publishing). If I'm understanding that correctly, she hit the list at 36 solely of her Amazon numbers, but she is selling well on B&N and All Romance eBooks and I'm sure many other sites as well. Any way you slice it, for a digital-only book which has a more limited distribution than print+digital, it's impressive.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wooo hooo, Courtney! 

Did you guys notice 61 is self-published too?  (And kudos to USA Today for acknowledging greatness, no matter who the publisher was.)

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Did you guys notice 61 is self-published too?
I think that's one of Freethy's backlist. It says it was once a #1 NYT bestseller, so it's made it back to a bestseller as a result of indie publishing. That's pretty cool.

An anthology she was in at Harlequin with Mary Balogh and (IIRC) Nicola Cornick hit the USA Today list in October/November of 2009 (again, if memory serves).
Ah, interesting. So this is her first USA Today bestseller on her own? I bet it does great things for her other books' sales, too!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm not surprised - I had to email Courtney about the book and leave her a 5-star review, because I loved the characters in Unlocked!  I told her I wished she would have made it a full novel rather than a novella because I wanted to spend more time in this world!  :)

Congrats, Courtney! 

1 - 20 of 52 Posts