Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Fire HD 10 tablet and I want to download some ebooks I have to the SD card.  When I connect the Fire to my lap top, where the books are stored, it recognizes that the Fire is connected but it say the file is empty.  Is there a way for my Windows 10 lap top to recognize the rest of the Fire files so I can download the books to the SD card?

·
Registered
92 Posts
You need to open Amazon on your laptop with the Fire plugged into the USB port. Then go to your Digital Content, and select that book. Then click Deliver, Other, and select your Fire to download.
I have 2 fires and 2 laptops, plus the desktop, and I can send content to any of them. I find the PC USB to Fire is much faster than downloading a book to fire over my wireless router.
Hope this works for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to open Amazon on your laptop with the Fire plugged into the USB port. Then go to your Digital Content, and select that book. Then click Deliver, Other, and select your Fire to download.
I have 2 fires and 2 laptops, plus the desktop, and I can send content to any of them. I find the PC USB to Fire is much faster than downloading a book to fire over my wireless router.
Hope this works for you.
Thanks for the reply, but when I try to send a file to the Kindle Fire from the Lap Top, the Lap Top tells me it Cannot Copy the Item, and sends me an error message. Any thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts