Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am a K1 owner who initially placed a K2 order on 02/09 and then cancelled.  Couldn't justify the cost. My first action to assuage my jealousy was to order the Creekbed Maple Oberon cover for my K1 (which will be delivered tomorrow).  Fine.  I was OK.

Then today I got all caught up in the excitement of people receiving and loving their K2s and my envy came to the fore again.  In order to keep myself from spending massive amounts of money, I spent a moderate amount and 1-clicked 7 books.  Only one was 9.99, so maybe that wasn't so bad????

Anybody else having trouble dealing with K2 envy?

Thanks, LaRita

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yup, me too. I have two coping strategies: read the threads about the K2 text being a tad lighter (which some readers don't like), and wait (with gritted teeth) until my friend's K2 arrives on Friday. I figure, once I handle a K2 in person, I will either want one with good reason, or will be glad I stuck with K1. Oh, and 3rd strategy: just keep reading on my lovely K1!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cherie said:
Yup, me too. I have two coping strategies: read the threads about the K2 text being a tad lighter (which some readers don't like), and wait (with gritted teeth) until my friend's K2 arrives on Friday. I figure, once I handle a K2 in person, I will either want one with good reason, or will be glad I stuck with K1. Oh, and 3rd strategy: just keep reading on my lovely K1!
I'm reading too....lovely free books I got months ago. Am saving the paid tonight books for when the excitement dies down and am not distracted.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Being between k1's I'm having 'everybody' envy, but it's fun to see everyone else acting like Leslie on a date w/ Hugh Jackman  :D

My coping stategy's been to drink heavily, dress up as Annie and go out 'n shout the song "Tomorrow" at passing motorists. Made $3.00 in tips before the authorities came...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yes, I have to admit that I'm a bit envious of everyone getting their K2's.  I'm a gadget freak and love new cool toys.  But ... my Kindle is only a few months old and I totally love it, I just got an Oberon Butterfly kover for it last week so with that it feels new again.  I'm still not sure I like the new design so that helps.  I might be ready when K3 is released so I'll just wait for that to happen.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
Being between k1's I'm having 'everybody' envy, but it's fun to see everyone else acting like Leslie on a date w/ Hugh Jackman :D

My coping stategy's been to drink heavily, dress up as Annie and go out 'n shout the song "Tomorrow" at passing motorists. Made $3.00 in tips before the authorities came...
LOL - guess my strategy has been too tame! Just bought 4 eBooks for my K1 that I've been pondering, and had a few Mojitos!

LOVE my Klassic Kindle, but I'm feelin' the "pull".......

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm finding that the more Mojitos I drink, the STRONGER the pull becomes......

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mosquito #1: Harry, no! Don't look at the light!
Mosquito #2: [entranced] I-can't-help-it. It's-so-beautiful.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I got my K2 today and I have to tell you...

Your K1 is still absolutely wonderful.  Just because we are basking in the new toy glow, doesn't mean we have a BMW compared to your Yugo.  There are some changes but nothing that makes your K1 inferior.

There's nothing to be jealous of, we can all read the same books.  In fact I'm jealous because you all bought new books and now I'm broke from buying a K2 and cant afford a new book.  :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want to thank everyone for either endorsing my K2 envy or distracting me from it...Thanks all and good night.  (Here I am in EST)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can't say I'm feeling any real K2 envy. My wife's Kindle (on order for ages and now a K2) should be arriving in a few days (or weeks, months, or whatever: the tracking number amazon gave me is worthless) so I'll get a chance to see one up close but as time goes by I'm more and more convinced I made the right call not to get one for myself and stay with my K1.

I was a bit anxious when I finally decided that the new features in the K2 didn't justify the price and imho loss of functionality I wanted. I ordered my Oberion cover and about 10 seconds after I did, my K2 envy started melting away. Every now and then I get a pang (mostly for TTS as I keep finding the odd place I might use it now and then) but that's just the kid in me, the adult knows that 'latest' isn't always 'greatest' ;D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts