Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
TromboneAl said:
Due to the way high resolution mac screenshots work, images posted in threads can be too large. Compare this post in Kboards and Writersanctum.com:

https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,304631.msg3746867.html#msg3746867

https://writersanctum.com/index.php?topic=1031.msg16415#msg16415

Consider handling it the way that WriterSanctum does.
Al, I need more information on how they are handled; the thread on WS doesn't tell me much other than I can see tags in the bbcode.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Betsy the Quilter said:
Al, I need more information on how they are handled; the thread on WS doesn't tell me much other than I can see tags in the bbcode.

Betsy
What they do is have a smaller version that the user can click on to see the full version. I'd call it a thumbnail, but it's not very small. Many forums use that same system. I'll bet there's some option to turn that on in the forum software.

The problem is that macs save images with 144 pixels per inch, and the forum assumes the image is 72 ppi. I could resize the images before posting them, but I'd rather avoid that.

HTH.

Al

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
TromboneAl said:
What they do is have a smaller version that the user can click on to see the full version. I'd call it a thumbnail, but it's not very small. Many forums use that same system. I'll bet there's some option to turn that on in the forum software.

The problem is that macs save images with 144 pixels per inch, and the forum assumes the image is 72 ppi. I could resize the images before posting them, but I'd rather avoid that.

HTH.

Al
Hmmm... If you put img tags on your image here, like [[nobbc]img width=800][/nobbc] and then click on it, I think our current settings will also toggle between the forum display size and the actual size.

You can manually add those tags without resizing before posting. Do they have a max size for displayed images? I can ask the tech team about changing that setting.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's with the width addition to my tag:

and here's without:

So, yes, that works fine. Making something like that the default would be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts