Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're looking for a great read this summer, check out my debut novel Nothing Stays In Vegas.

Lexi Titan has mastered the art of pretending everything's fine. After all, how else could she ignore the fact that her husband is never home, her son barely knows him and the last time she had sex, well, who can remember? With her life crumbling, the last thing she wants to do is go on a trip, especially back to Vegas; a city full of glitz, excess, and Leo, the man she's spent the last six years trying to forget. But when her best friend announces she's getting married, Lexi doesn't have a choice. Besides, it's ridiculous to avoid an entire city because of one guy. Even if he is the father of your child.

Face to face with memories of the past and the gorgeous man who started it all, Lexi can no longer deny the truth to anyone, especially Leo. But honesty will come at a price, and Lexi must decide if she's wiling to take that risk. And what exactly will she tell her husband? Because as she now knows, NOTHING STAYS IN VEGAS.

The book has only been available for a week and already it's experiencing great sales and excellent reviews! It makes me so happy that others are able to lose themselves in the lives of Lexi and Leo. I hope you check it out, and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Elena-

Welcome again to KindleBoards and congratulations on your debut novel!

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum. As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard reminder. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
145 Posts
I read Nothing Stays In Vegas and loved it! If you like women's fiction with a big helping of romance you should check it out.

Tracey

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Tracey!

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

You just made my morning. :)

Elena

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's always fun to get a peek into the life of an author, that's why I was thrilled when Lorna Suzuki asked me for an interview.
Check out the full question and answer on her blog. http://web.me.com/imagobooks/IMAGO_FANTASY_REALM/Blog/Entries/2011/7/31_Elena_Aitken_Interview.html

But here's a little sneak peek...
For today's guest blog, I'd like to introduce you to my writerly twitter pal and debut novelist, the lovely and talented Elena Aitken. I'd like to begin by having you share a little information about yourself with our readers, Elena. What do you like to do when you're not writing?

EA: Sometimes it feels like I'm always writing. But I suppose there are times when I do other things. I'm actually a busy mom of nine-year-old twins (gasp, when did they get that old?) and during the summer months we like to hang out in the mountains at the lake where we play in the sun. I also work part-time from home and train for various events in my spare time. Recently I completed my first ever Olympic triathlon which was pretty major for me.

Writing, twins and triathlons? I'm exhausted just thinking about what you do! Now, you've been writing since your were in elementary school, but when did you decide to write fiction? Has becoming a published author been a life long dream for you?

EA: When I was young I used to make up fun little short stories, and I feel like I was always writing or creating an imaginary story in my head. I actually quit writing in University and for a few years afterward. Looking back, I think I thought it was a 'waste of my time'. But shortly after my twins were born, I 'came back' to writing because it made me happy and I started a small copywriting business as a way to make extra money. It wasn't until 2006 when I thought I'd give Nanowrimo a try that I remembered my love for fiction. That first Nano was amazing for me because I fell completely in love in with the whole process and while that novel will never see the light of day, (at least not with a serious rewrite) it was all it took to completely hook me again.

Your debut novel, 'Nothing Stays in Vegas' was recently released as an ebook. What was the inspiration behind this story and can you tell us a little bit about your protagonist, Lexi Titan?

EA: I've been to Las Vegas a few times and I just really enjoy the city. There's really no other place like it. Last summer I took another trip there and I happened to be looking for a new story idea to hit me. I thought it would be a great place to set a story, even part of it. You always hear the phrase, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" and I thought to myself, What if what happened in Vegas didn't really stay there but haunted you for the rest of your life? Could someone really find love in Sin City, a place known for flings and one night stands?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're coming up on the one month anniversary of publishing Nothing Stays In Vegas and I've been blown away with the sales and receiving ELEVEN five star reviews in only a few short weeks. So, I thought to celebrate I thought I'd run a give away. Because after all, who doesn't like to get free stuff?!

Check out my blog to see how easy it is to win an Amazon gift card up to $150
That's a lot of books!
Remember, you can't win unless you enter.

http://elenaaitken.com/2011/08/11/contest-time-enter-to-win-an-amazon-gift-card/

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Elena, I just looked at your contest and have a question - do mentions on Google+ merit an entry?  I see that you are on it (found you via your name, knew it was you from matching pictures there and here.)  I think you are being really generous with those prize amounts based on entry numbers.  Good luck with the contest and with the book.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
Thanks for the question. I am on Google + sort of...
I've barely had a chance to look at it. One thing at a time...

So, I don't think I'm going to be able to offer that for an entry into the contest. But still...so many ways to enter. I hope you play.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts