Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My novel is an edgy contemporary YA, I'm wondering if there are any others here who write in that genre? I call mine edgy because it touches on some serious issues...addiction and violence and such. If your novel is similar and you'd like to maybe do an interview on my blog and return the favor on yours let me know. I would like to increase blog traffic on my site and also sales. Thanks!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I added a link to your blog from my indie author list on my site. I tried looking for you on twitter but can find you by searching for JennSnyder04 or Jennifer Snyder. You might want to check your account settings.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Hey Jennifer. PM me your rss feed, and I'll add it to the Indie YA authors facebook page. (Which is basically just an aggregate source for all our blogs.) I'm not sure if anyone goes there except other indie YA authors, but it's a few new faces reading your blog, maybe. :)

Here's what it looks like if you're curious: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Indie-YA-Authors/154228271299834

I'd categorize my stuff as "edgy," but it's thriller/magic/actiony, not that same kind of Ellen Hopkins-ish genre you seem to have going on. I think there's a big market for stuff like Crank, though, so best of luck!!

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Jennifer,

Although my indie YA novel, Most Likely, has light Christian themes, it is rather dark and has some edge to it.

Among other problems touched on, ML features: child abuse, attempted suicide, divorce, and coping with death.

And despite the spiritual elements, the novel offers no rosy "God makes everything okay" message. It has a much more nebulous resolution, because it's about growing up and realizing that life doesn't always work out the way you expect.

So, if you're interested in swapping interviews, PM me.

You can find a description of my novel at http://www.craig-hansen.com/most-likely/

The first chapter is online, free, there as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts