Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
I put my TOC in the front, made it clickable, and included links to all the after-story items to make it clear where the story ends.  Once converted to MOBI, it put a TOC in the back as well.  The one in the front is much handsomer. ;)

The TOC is important for a couple of reasons, the main one being to give the reader an idea of how long the book is.  Adding links to the non-story items in the TOC is helpful as well, because it lets the readers know what to expect after "Fin", and if they choose to skip it they can.

That being said... I encourage everyone to click all the way through to 100% and rate the book at the end.  Gives you a shot to rate it without doing a full review, and tweet about it.  I've been trying to do that more often, myself.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Note that the 'rating' is not reflected on the Amazon book page or averaged into the book's rating via regular reviews. It's only reflected in the 'your collection' listing you can access via Your Account. But that is helpful for me so that I know whether I read the thing or not. ::)
True, true... I mainly like it because of the tweet feature... tells your followers you just finished it and how you liked it... from an author's standpoint, that's free advertising, assuming you liked it! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.