Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can tell me what I seem to be doing wrong with my K1. I've had it for almost a year now and decided a month ago to clean up all the books in content manager and deleted pages upon pages of books. I went into Buffalo two weeks ago and turned on whispernet and all of the books have shown back up. When I try now to delete these books I'm not even given the option while in Content Manager. I'm offered only move to kindle memory, even move to SD card isn't highlighted as an option. The books show that they are Amazon vs. Kindle so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I'm afraid to reformat because alot of the books I have on the kindle were free downloads that are no longer available. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I posted this over on Amazon too but I think kindleboard users tend to be more helpful with answers instead of critical.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
You Kindle is working as designed.

The Content Manager will always show all of the books you have purchased from Amazon (those are the ones that say Amazon beneath them after you have "deleted" them). This allows you to re-download them without having to look them up on Amazon again.

Any books you delete that were not purchased from Amazon will no longer appear in the Content Manager.

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
When you look at the titles in CM you will see a word just under each title that says AMAZON, KINDLE, or SD CARD.  This tells you where the book is.  Anything on Kindle or the SD card is also on Amazon.  Anything that lists as on Amazon is not on your Kindle.  You can set CM to show only the items you have on your Kindle.  In CM scroll up and select show and sort and choose the options.

I have also noticed that a reset may cause the options you have set to go back to the default/original settings. 

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
That's one of the annoying things that got changed for the better in the Kindle 2. The archive books are not listed unless you click on the Archive selection.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts