Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried converting this pdf to kindle format (by emailing it to your kindle address)? I haven't converted a pdf before - is it even worth my trouble?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The download give it to you in 4s pdfs. I used this site to merge them into one:
http://www.mergepdf.net/

It was a bit of a pain, b/c even the site has a limit of 5 MBs and the last file was 5.5. I had to first print the big file to PDF, then upload them into the site to make one PDF. I don't have Mobi creator, so I don't know if this does the merge for you or not.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
vermontcathy said:
Has anyone tried converting this pdf to kindle format (by emailing it to your kindle address)? I haven't converted a pdf before - is it even worth my trouble?
I usually convert myself using Mobipocket....it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Anything that I've converted with it looked fine. I've done the email thing but I'm not crazy about the conversion.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know if it is illegal, but I don't want to mess up my Home page with even more files if I don't have to.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I skipped the first file, which is all the introductory material, and emailed my Kindle the other 3.  I try to keep my home page at 3 pages, but I figure it will be a quick read and they'll come off soon enough. 

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
auntmarge said:
I skipped the first file, which is all the introductory material, and emailed my Kindle the other 3. I try to keep my home page at 3 pages, but I figure it will be a quick read and they'll come off soon enough.
I'm going to do it this way too. Because I'm too lazy to figure out how to do it another way! Really, the first file is just "stuff?" I'm still waiting for the emails. Got one 15 minutes ago then nothing. :(

·
Registered
463 Posts
chynared21 said:
I usually convert myself using Mobipocket....it's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Anything that I've converted with it looked fine. I've done the email thing but I'm not crazy about the conversion.
This one's going to look pretty bad. It's a printer's markup PDF, so every page has instructions to the printer, headers, page numbers, etc. All of which will interrupt the mobi text after conversion. Either read it on the computer or just delete it and hope they get their act together and offer a proper ebook later on (since it isn't in e format anywhere, yet).

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
koland said:
This one's going to look pretty bad. It's a printer's markup PDF, so every page has instructions to the printer, headers, page numbers, etc. All of which will interrupt the mobi text after conversion. Either read it on the computer or just delete it and hope they get their act together and offer a proper ebook later on (since it isn't in e format anywhere, yet).
Bummer...thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
zeferjen said:
I don't have Mobi creator, so I don't know if this does the merge for you or not.
I'm not too experienced with Mobi Creator, but I couldn't get it to add more than one PDF, so I don't think it works for this purpose.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I sent it to my email address and Amazon converted it and sent it fine, but...it's still in 4 parts and does not have a book title listed, just numbers and some letters.  But it's easy to read and worth getting. I have it in paperback, too, and it's one of my favorite series. HTH.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts