Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so happy! I just received my Oberon green Creekbed Maple Journal (love the green), put my original cover inside along with the Kindle and its perfect! The leather pockets are smooth so I can hold it comfortably. No more wool felt. I will buy some new Velcro tomorrow to make sure it is stable. I also love the maple leaf closure.

Here are some photos:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
No!! I had to look. Now I'm attempted to go to ParadisePen to get one of these journals. lol

It looks like it fits well. Thanks for the photos, bordercollielady.

·
Registered
869 Posts
That looks beutiful!

I'm curious - does the Kindle slide up & down inside the journal cover?  Is that why you are buying the velcro?

That maple leaf button is so cool  8)

Marci

·
Registered
426 Posts
Very nice!

Mine doesn't close all the way if I configure my original cover in my oberon journal :(  So either my journal is a wee bit small or my original Kindle cover is a little big.  I'm still coming up with a good solution.  :-\

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
No!! I had to look. Now I'm attempted to go to ParadisePen to get one of these journals. lol

It looks like it fits well. Thanks for the photos, bordercollielady.
Vegas...do you know if all Paradise Pen stores carry Oberon products?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Pretty!

I did something like that with the Oberon bear journal, but I cut out the pages from the journal covers (you know, the book part), and then put velcro on the kindle and on the leather part....and one on the journal part that of course was permanently adhered by the time I decided I couldn't live with what I'd done to the spine of the book.  So I got some brown suedey-looking fabric at Hobby Lobby, recovered the inside of the journal covers, used an exacto knife to cut a whole in the fabric so the velcro was actually usable....I don't know what I'd do if I had a life.

But, you  seem to have approached that issue in a far more reasonable fashion.  And it looks great!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
bordercollielady said:
I am so happy! I just received my Oberon green Creekbed Maple Journal (love the green), put my original cover inside along with the Kindle and its perfect! The leather pockets are smooth so I can hold it comfortably. No more wool felt. I will buy some new Velcro tomorrow to make sure it is stable. I also love the maple leaf closure.
Beautiful and inventive. Which size journal it is? (I'm being lazy - I could check the size of my Kindle cover if I'd get off my lazy rear...)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts