Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ebook that is on my pc.  it is part of my ereader win pro 3.0.3 and that is part of a palm digital media file under my documents file.  Is there any way to convert the ebook to a file that can be read on my kindle?  I know how to convert the adobe, htlm,lit. and text files.  But I don't know if this file is convertable. when you look up the books property it reads the file is a pdb file and is suppose to use a ms reader to open it , but only the win pro ereader can open and read it.  Is there a way to convert this ebook?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unable to use mobipocket creator--no pdb choice.  and I guess it must be drm because when i used the abc converter it only came out as computer code.

thanks for trying to help

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Plucker and iSilo e-book formats also use the PDB file extension.  There are no tools for converting to MOBI that work with these e-books.  May, someday someone will come up with a converter.

Woody

·
Registered
37 Posts
i am almost positive I have a plucker converter around here somewhere if it is non DRM PDB that is easy to convert just the metadata gets screwed up

if anyone wants to send me a plucker or isilo or pdb files to try and get working I will support them in my converter. Like I said above non drm pdb already works with my converter but i need to add mobi2mobi support to force the metadata by i digress

send me stuff and I will do my best

[email protected]

·
Registered
37 Posts
just an update I will try and build a hack version of explode.c from the plucker project. if that doesn't work they provide a library unpluck. The output may be a little messy but if it gives me HTML I can take this where we want to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts