Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am on a mac and have several .lit format books I would like to put on my kindle... Any suggestions for converting them. Will Stanza do it? Having a mac is great, but it seems every month or so there is some software solution I am unable find... Any help would be awesome, thanks in advance. (oh! And I hope this question hasn't been beaten to death elsewhere in the forums, my google searches have come up dry :(  )...

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I've heard that on stantz you can convert files, but I'm not for sure. I have also heard that Stantza isn't going to stay in it free app status, so I'd download it just in case they start charging for it.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
brandon12 said:
So I am on a mac and have several .lit format books I would like to put on my kindle... Any suggestions for converting them. Will Stanza do it? Having a mac is great, but it seems every month or so there is some software solution I am unable find... Any help would be awesome, thanks in advance. (oh! And I hope this question hasn't been beaten to death elsewhere in the forums, my google searches have come up dry :( )...
Yes, Stanza will convert a .lit format book to mobi format. I have done this with a number of books. I think it saves the metadata also, if memory serves.

Vegas_Asian: The Stanza web page says the price will be only $15 when Stanza is released, I consider that a bargain.

Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Stanza will convert to .lit, but I have had a lot of trouble with the metadata. I use a dropper app called lit2html and then use the perl scripts to further convert to mobi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts