Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of Cookbooks that are released on the Kindle?

My life and i love to cook, and if we could have a cookbook on the kindle, that would be GREAT!!!

app

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I just looked, and there is a small selection right now. I just downloaded a sample of The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The New Classics (Kindle Edition), and it looks fine on the Kindle, but I don't see any pictures at all, I would think that the book would have pictures.

http://www.amazon.com/Martha-Stewart-Living-Cookbook-Classics/dp/B000VMFDZO/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1225597732&sr=1-22

I was able to use the browser to look up recipes on epicurious.com, and they look very nice on the Kindle, but frankly it's more trouble than it is worth. I was finally able to log into my account to see the recipes in my recipe box, but what an ordeal. Here's a pic from epicurious.com:

·
Registered
146 Posts
apperrault said:
Does anyone know of Cookbooks that are released on the Kindle?

My life and i love to cook, and if we could have a cookbook on the kindle, that would be GREAT!!!

app
I was just wondering... Your life is a seperate enitity from yourself? Pretty neat! Or would that be wife?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd never allow my kindle that close to my kitchen while I was cooking..... but for those who are brave.... aside from the cookbooks for sale, what I suggest is:  Compile all your favorite recipes (from yours or mom's recipe box), the internet, old cook books, etc. into a word document and load that on.  Then you have a cookbook that you know will get some serious use and isn't just taking up space. Not to mention FREE! I've used bookmaking sites to do this for print cookbooks, and given away all the cookbooks given to me over the years that just grew dust.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've been doing what Rivers suggested.  I often cook from recipes on the internet.  The ones that I like enough to cook a second time go into my Word file of recipes.  It's also an easy way to keep track of my variations on the originals.  I'm still working on making the formatting perfect for the Kindle but it comes out pretty well.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If I were to keep my Kindle on a counter in the kitchen while I prepared a meal,  it would certainly wind up in a sink full of dishwater at some point in time.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Please excuse me for resurrecting an old thread. ('Old' being a relative term in these boards... I think it takes about ten minutes for a post to hit the second page these days!!)

My wife was wondering: do many (any?) of you use your Kindles in the kitchen? Is it useful as a means of referring to a cookbook?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I haven't as of yet, but I love reading cookbooks, so I will probably purchase at least one Kindle version , but will continue to buy the DT versions. I think I would be too worried I might spill something on it to use it while cooking.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My cookbook collection is actually larger than my dead tree books...  which I usually lend and never get back or give away...  but the cook books - you can't have them!

Kindle cooking.....  a new obsession for me.  :D  oh god help us all....  anyone want to start a recipe swap thread? 

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great idea, Rivers!  Why didn't I think of that?  I'm definitely gonna have to throw the Kindle in a Ziploc while I'm cooking, the way I mess everything up! 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kirstin said:
My cookbook collection is actually larger than my dead tree books... which I usually lend and never get back or give away... but the cook books - you can't have them!

Kindle cooking..... a new obsession for me. :D oh god help us all.... anyone want to start a recipe swap thread?
I was thinking we should should start a Thanksgiving Recipe swap thread...maybe on the "Not Quite Kindle" Board?

L

·
Registered
829 Posts
Leslie said:
I was thinking we should should start a Thanksgiving Recipe swap thread...maybe on the "Not Quite Kindle" Board?

L
hee hee I started one. It's deelish.... come post - I love to cook and am always looking for new inspiration!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Kirstin said:
My cookbook collection is actually larger than my dead tree books... which I usually lend and never get back or give away... but the cook books - you can't have them!

Kindle cooking..... a new obsession for me. :D oh god help us all.... anyone want to start a recipe swap thread?
I have quite the collection too!!!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Kirstin said:
hee hee I started one. It's deelish.... come post - I love to cook and am always looking for new inspiration!!
Yippee Skippee!! I love recipes, cookbooks, cooking and of course eating!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts