Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9,774 Posts
That's a GREAT idea. Go with it, and use them as business cards almost. Drop some off at Starbucks, like those iTunes cards they always have. Get together with other authors doing the same thing, trade 100 cards to each other, and spend lunch one day (next fall of course) on a college campus passing them out to students (get clearance from the school to do this).

Heck, See if the college bookstore would do the deal. I bet they would jump at the chance. This would be almost a no brainer for them. (ps. check the college, find out how many English professors there are, and give them each a card for free.. Some of them run reading groups on campus.

· Registered
9,774 Posts
I was talking in Pms with an author about this, and I said in the fall this could be a great thing! Get together with other authors doing it.. Say 5 of you each have 500 cards printed, you swap 100 off to each person, so you now each have 500 in 5-100 card sets. Go hit 2 local colleges, work with the bookstore (trust me college bookstores would probably jump at this- they are always looking for something new and cutting edge) and each college gets half of the cards. That means in the time it takes you to get these into 2 campus bookstores, you are now in 10. College students read on anything they can, and books from Smashwords work on all sorts of platforms. Then you have the word of mouth factor in the age group that breathes communication.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.