Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I'm taking the leap. I have always said make ROH in blue and Bella will be wearing one. I'm ready to place my order but I can't make up my mind to order the corner strap or the velcro.
Kindle friends let me know what you think, poor little Bella wants her blue ROH and we need your help.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
That's a hard question because those of us with corners love them, and those that have velcro love the velcro.  The velcro users like the "floating" look.  Leslie has had both.  And I think maybe Heather (luvmy4brats) has also. 
Good luck with your decision.

deb

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I think with K2 there is more room so corners are great. I found with K1 it was too crowded and liked velcro floating look. Velcro means sticking velcro on back of kindle. this is really not an issue placement or removing.  it really is personal choice.
sylvia

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Adorable puppy, by the way. 
deb

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
We have several threads on this topic, and the only thing people agree on is that they really love one and hate the other.

Personally, I prefer the velcro. Mine has velcro, the one I bought my husband has the corners. On his K1, the corners look really stark against the white of the Kindle, and the bungee had to stay off because it was holding down the next page button. He also had trouble pushing the next page button because the Kindle was so tight in the case. If you have the K2, the bungee and the tightness won't make a difference since the buttons are configured differently.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
farmwife99 said:
Heather and Leslie could you post it you have had experience with both velcro and straps.
I had velcro on my original K1 and my daughter has it too. It worked fine and frankly, if that is all that existed, I could live with it. But for my K2 I got a cover with corners and I have come to prefer that. While the "floaty" look is nice, if you want to switch between covers the corners make more sense. You never know that the velcro will be in the right place from cover to cover.

I guess I would say....

If you have any thought at all of changing covers, go with the corners. If you know you will be using only one cover and really want the floating look, choose velcro.

For security, they are equivalent.

L

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Leslie said:
I guess I would say....

If you have any thought at all of changing covers, go with the corners. If you know you will be using only one cover and really want the floating look, choose velcro.

For security, they are equivalent.

L
I'd add, if you think you'll want to read without the cover on at all, consider carefully how you'll like having velcro on the back of your Kindle. This was the main reason I went with corners on my Oberon. I hate the feel of the stuff.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I like the corner straps.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I had the velcro on my K1 and when I bought my first cover for my K2, I got corners because I thought I'd read it out of the cover more. I've decided I prefer the velcro (I like the floaty look) and the cover I just ordered is velcro. I actually plan to take my cover with corners into a shoe repair shop and have them sew velcro on and remove the corner straps..

I think if you're one who likes darker skins on your Kindle, it might not matter so much, but I like the lighter skins and the black straps across the light skins distract me.

If you're worried aboout trying to remove the velcro from your Kindle down the road, don't be. I removed it from my K1 before i sold it and it came off super easy. No residue at all to worry about. I plan on buying clear velcro at the craft store so it's not as noticable on my Kindle. (I think Patrizia suggested that some time ago.)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Make it easy on yourself. Decide if you're going to be removing your Kindle from its cover a lot.

If you are, corners are more appropriate. If you're going to leave your Kindle in its cover almost all the time, then velcro is more appropriate.

Personally, I like the corner straps. I like to be able to easily remove a device from its protective cover whenever I need to / want to.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just sold mine with corners and ordered a velcro one.  I discovered after having my Kindle for a few months that I rarely (only in the tub) read without the cover - I highly prefer reading with my Oberon cover in fact.  I never changed covers either.  As well, I found the corner straps just kinda bugged me (I don't know why) and distracting from my lovely skin.  That's why I know I'll prefer the velcro to the corners.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
drenee said:
Adorable puppy, by the way.
deb
Thanks that my Tommy. He is still to young to leave his momma, but I will be bringing him home on the 19th and I can't wait. My beloved Baby passed the day after Christmas and about two weeks ago all of a sudden I knew it was time to get a new puppy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts