Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was just informed I had never introduced myself. I do apologize, after I got my kindle I was in a whirlwind of excitement and it never even occurred to me. My name is Cory, I am a 22 year old male from Alabama. I got my Kindle for Christmas and enjoy it immensely. I have a fiance, Madison, and we will be getting married this July, and then we move off to Memphis. There I will be working on my Masters of Arts in Teaching so that I can teach High school English and Social Sciences. Everyone I've interacted with here seems very nice and very helpful, I look forward to spending more time on these boards in the future. It's great to meet all of you!
-Cory

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Cory! I understand about the whirlwind, sound like you do have a lot going on. Plus, reading on a Kindle sucks you in and you forget other things. Be sure and check out the Book corner for ideas on free and cheap reads for your Kindle. Glad to have yo with us.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome Cory. Congrats on your upcoming marriage and what a wonderful career choice. We never have enough good teachers. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey Cory!    I am also a teacher and plan to start my masters in the near future.  I am certified in PE (k-12) and Elementary K-6. I am a new kindle user and from Alabama as well.  I am in North Alabama between Decatur and Cullman.  Where are you?  Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome Cory and congratulations!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. I am not currently a teacher. My undergrad was in Criminal Justice, but my soon-to-be wife would rather I not go into law enforcement. She's an accountant and she's willing to work and support us while I go back to school and change my career, seems like a fair trade to me. I am located in Jacksonville (between Anniston in Gadsden) in northeast Alabama.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Listen to her!  My DH is a Morgan County Sheriff's Deputy.  He loves his job but it scares me sometimes and the pay isn't very good.  It does have advantages, though.  We always know what is going on or can find out in a second or two.  But the flip side is we always know what is going on and everyone calls wanting to know what we know or if he can get them out of something or can give them legal advice. It is really sad when he has to arrest someone in my family (which has happened a time or two). 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Cory - nice to have you here, and glad to hear you are going to be a teacher.  Not a whole lot of pay, but from what I understand a lot of self-satisfaction.  Congrats on your kindle, and best wishes on your wedding.  Seems like we have some others here getting married this year so you are not alone.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Cory!  :) Congrats on your Kindle and your upcoming marriage. Nice to have another Alabamian here, we are in the minority. I am in Birmingham, where are you? Make yourself at home, we all share a passion for reading and our Kindles.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jacksonville and Tuscaloosa. Currently my fiance is finishing her Master's there so I spend about half my time here and half my time there, so I see Birmingham about twice a week...atleast 459 anyway.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Belated Welcome, Cory!

I spend a lot of time in "LA" (Lower Alabama) and LA when I was born and raised. It's always nice to see another Alabamian on the boards, and I look forward to reading your posts.

Reyn said:
It is really sad when he has to arrest someone in my family (which has happened a time or two).
Only in Alabama. Sorry Reyn, no disrespect meant because I know it wasn't written to be funny, but this sentence is a classic...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Malibama said:
Only in Alabama. Sorry Reyn, no disrespect meant because I know it wasn't written to be funny, but this sentence is a classic...
None taken. It is sad but true. Alabama has a Meth problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts