Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if I have to wait 30 days after I renew KDP Select to set up a countdown? I have used mine for this interval and would like to do it again if at all possible, almost immediately after I renew. Of course my attempt to choose that from the KDP menu wont work until the new 90 days kicks in.  I wont be changing my price so that is not a factor

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
charlottehughes said:
Can anyone tell me if I have to wait 30 days after I renew KDP Select to set up a countdown? I have used mine for this interval and would like to do it again if at all possible, almost immediately after I renew. Of course my attempt to choose that from the KDP menu wont work until the new 90 days kicks in. I wont be changing my price so that is not a factor
Yes, you can set up a Countdown Deal at 12:01 am Pacific time, on the day it renews. Fallen Out renewed at midnight and I set up my CD for March, this morning. However, you can't set up a CD to begin within 48 hours.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
One caveat, you can't let it expire and then immediately re-enroll.  You have to be continuously in Select for this to work.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Cassie Leigh said:
One caveat, you can't let it expire and then immediately re-enroll. You have to be continuously in Select for this to work.
Correct, if you don't have the box checked to auto-enroll, you'd be treated just like a new Select enrollee and have to wait. Auto-enrolled you can schedule one immediately, to start two days later.

This is something I've complained to KDP about and everyone who has books continuously in Select should do also. If I'm enrolled in Select and have been since publishing and BookBub accepts me for a date that's immediately after my renewal date, my only recourse is to lower the price manually, or ask BookBub to move the date. That could end up with me loosing 35% of revenue or not getting any spot with BookBub at all. We're talking about the loss of hundreds of dollars for one day.

There's no reason why a writer can't schedule a Countdown Deal or Free Promo to straddle the auto-enroll date, as long as the book has been continuously enrolled for more than one period and has the box checked to auto-enroll.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts