Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge and upgraded to K2.  First, I found that my Kindle Cookbook changed the title to Kindle 2 Cookbook, however, it is Kindle 1 information.  anyone have this happen?  Also, is there a clock on K2 and how do you access it?  Lastly, has anyone found a way to put on personal screen savers?  Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
I have a K1 so can't speak to the K2 questions, but I'm sure someone will help you out.  But I can refer you to the Tips and & Tricks Forum where there are a number of threads that will likely have answers to most of your questions; you can use the search feature to find them if you can't figure 'em out from thread titles.

Oh, except I don't know about the title change question. . . I think that's a new one!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Teach142 said:
I finally took the plunge and upgraded to K2. First, I found that my Kindle Cookbook changed the title to Kindle 2 Cookbook, however, it is Kindle 1 information. anyone have this happen? Also, is there a clock on K2 and how do you access it? Lastly, has anyone found a way to put on personal screen savers? Thanks!
I can answer one question: for the clock, choose menu and look at the top of the screen. The time will be there.

The Kindle Cookbook...is that Dave Emberson's book? I know there was some discussion about an update.

There's a thread on screensaver hacks around here somewhere. I haven't done it myself.

You might also want to investigate the font hack. That was worth making the change. There's a thread on that, too. Or maybe someone will post the site where the fonts reside. I don't have time right now to go looking for it. Sorry!

L

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the clock issue...  Duh!  I guess I hadn't paid any attention.  That's way better than K1.  What is a font hack? What does hacking a font do?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Font Hack link isn't correct above. The link is to reset your Kindle. Anyone have the correct link?
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts