Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Courtney Umphress. I hold a BA in English, and I’ve worked as a copyeditor for ten years. I have coordinated with over thirty authors from all over the world, and I’m proficient with both the Chicago Manual of Style and individual client style guides. I produce thorough, quality work within strict deadlines, and while I’ve worked in a variety of genres, I specialize in fantasy and romance. I look forward to working with you!

You can find more information about my services, rates, and portfolio on my website: www.courtneyumphress.com.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Delighted!  Yes, delighted.  That is how I feel having recently received my first book back from Courtney.  How happy am I?  She now has book two and I have reserved a spot for book three.  After trying (paid) three other editors I have found a team member I can work with.  Phew! I'm so glad to have finally filled this incredibly important part of my writing team.

The other side of the coin...  Both books one and two were edited by paid professional editors prior to sending them to Courtney. Both prior editors caught the most simple errors and skipped over many important issues such as POV and well... many other substantive issues.  I won't name them here but will if you PM me.

My genre is street lit / thriller so it uses a lot of slang yet follows standard thriller structure. Courtney mastered this combination genre well without missing a beat.  Further she suggested areas that would help make my writing stronger.  She combines a high level of professional and personal support which is a huge help with my writing and success as an author.

·
Registered
584 Posts
IvyRuth said:
Delighted! Yes, delighted. That is how I feel having recently received my first book back from Courtney. How happy am I? She now has book two and I have reserved a spot for book three. After trying (paid) three other editors I have found a team member I can work with. Phew! I'm so glad to have finally filled this incredibly important part of my writing team.

The other side of the coin... Both books one and two were edited by paid professional editors prior to sending them to Courtney. Both prior editors caught the most simple errors and skipped over many important issues such as POV and well... many other substantive issues. I won't name them here but will if you PM me.

My genre is street lit / thriller so it uses a lot of slang yet follows standard thriller structure. Courtney mastered this combination genre well without missing a beat. Further she suggested areas that would help make my writing stronger. She combines a high level of professional and personal support which is a huge help with my writing and success as an author.
I wish I had a like button!
yes, Courtney is that good! You touched on something that first convinced me that I would never use anyone but Courtney. I had my first book edited twice and Courtney plowed through, what I thought was a final draft, like it was a first draft, finding stuff the first two people completely missed. I'm not talking about a few things per page, I am talking like it had never been previously edited at all!
She's awesome!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Don't give away my spot :)  I'll have my fourth book to you shortly :)

Just wanted to say that Courtney did a fantastic job on my 115k word epic fantasy novel, Ranger Rising.  I thought I had caught every instance where I changed the color of an animal's fur and I'll be damned if she didn't find the one instance that snuck by me.  She has an eagle eye imho.

Btw, I'll send you an email to make sure I reserve a spot for the sequel to Ranger Rising in late September/early October.  I should have a pretty good idea by mid August on my pacing :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts