Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my K2, I plan on reading it with only the skin, no cover. I do all of my reading in bed.  Do you think I still need a cover or would a Borsa Bella sleeve or travel bag be enough to store it in at home?

Thanks for any advice! :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
A cover will provide extra protection for your baby. I use the black Amazon cover and find it very serviceable. I got my wife an Oberon cover and am thinking seriously of getting myself one. It is a work of art!

Also, I skinned Fiona - that just makes sense as otherwise scratches on the surface are inevitable. I also skinned my iPod and wish I'd done it a long time ago.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I like having a cover on my K2 for the peace of mind of protection. 

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I have an oberon cover that I LOVE! But even if I didn't get an oberon I would have gotten something just for the added protection.

I also skinned mine, at first I did this because I wanted it to look pretty. After a while I realized there were many times that my k2 probably would have gotten scratched if it hadn't been skinned.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am a KLUTZ (have the cast at the moment to prove it!).  What if...you were reading in bed, got up to answer the phone, and somehow your kindle got knocked off the bed, or bedside table...(not that this is a real life example or anything!)  and hit the floor.  I know I was a bit less perturbed, knowing that it had a cover on.

Kim

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I wouldn't travel with it just in a bag. I used a small towel once in an emergency because we were going out of town and I couldn't find my cover anywhere and it did fine but I wouldn't recommend it. For just at home, mine was coverless for over a year and it's still in basically new condition and I didn't even have a skin it. I get a skin last month just for looks. For at home, I haven't found a cover mandatory just for reading and storing. You will want one at some point for travel though.

I will say I am very careful with my stuff though.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
If you don't put other things in with the kindle in its bag, it would be fine with no cover.  The reason I bought my first cover was that (a) The mighty-bright book light doesn't fit well on my uncased kindle, (b) the M-Edges for K1 went on sale after the K2 came out and (c) I didn't like the Amazon cover that came with my K1, partly because the K2 slipped out too easily.

I'm a terrible klutz and am rarely bruise free because I bump into things, but I can't even imagine knocking the kindle off the bed.

However, when you read all the enabler posts and see the pictures here, you will probably eventually come around to buying a cover and skin.

I have a skin but didn't buy it until I'd had my K1 for five months and I never scratched it or got it dirty.  I bought the skin for looks, not long after I joined kindleboards and was enabled.  I'd never seen a kindle skin until after I joined kindleboards late April.  Have had my kindle since November 1st.

Marti

1 - 7 of 7 Posts