Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Kindleboards!

I hope I'm posting this in the right place (and that I'm allowed to post it at all, nothing against it in the Forum Decorum). I am a freelance artist hoping to expand my skills by aiding you fine writers in procuring covers that express what lies within. I have worked on covers before, but now that I am full-time freelance I hope to work on even more! You can find my website at www.arfenhaus.com. You may contact me either here or through email at [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from all those interested!
Sincerely,
Arfenhaus

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I apologize for creepifying your beloved, I just caught him in the middle of one serious incantation!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I'm just hoping it stands out to someone here that needs it!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Really nice work.

Just a thought, but if you're REALLY looking to tap into the cover art business - and I believe it is a very good business to be in, right now - you need to create a cover art gallery - with actual sample covers.

Not just shots of your paintings - which are really solid - but a gallery of covers, either real or manufactured samples.

Just my two bits worth.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree.  Having a gallery of sample covers will definitely help the authors visualize their covers better.  You'll do great with custom illustrations and such.  There are a lot of cover designers (myself included) that do not specialize in custom illustrations, especially for graphic novels.  So, letting authors know that is your niche will help you.

Great work!  Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I've come back with my first ever book cover illustration that I just finished for a client. Obviously it's more high fantasy-themed (as the author desired), but feedback from a writer's POV would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Obviously, maybe designers could give more technical feedback, but from this writer...cool art but I'm not sure about the typography?  The title is a bit small, and very close to the top...it's almost like the art is the main event, and you know us writers, the title and our name are pretty important too...it kind of looks like the title was just put there so it didn't cover any art?  I do think it's cool that you are doing original art instead of stock photos, definitely adds a different flair to the pool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had the same thought about the title placement, but the author was very particular about how he wanted the cover to look. He's happy with it, and I'm happy he's happy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello again everyone!

I'm back with some more e-book covers that I've done for some clients. Any constructive feedback is always appreciated! The second and third are the front and back cover of one, while the last is actually some album art for any musicians out there!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello again everyone,

I'm back again with more images to showcase. I made these images with the underlying idea that they could be used as or inspire ideas for book cover illustrations. If anyone is interested in commissioning a cover, please contact me at [email protected] Thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.