Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My illustrator is unreliable, so I commissioned another one just in case the first can't make the deadline.

Are the style of these covers consistent with each other?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yes.

And both are gorgeous.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Honestly, the third one "symphony of fates" does look slightly different.  Maybe more cartooney?  Also, the instrument is different in the third and first, but I'm not sure if it should be the same character or not.  First is more of a lute and third is more of an pipa.  But again, I'm not sure if they are supposed to be the same or supposed to be different.

I dig the art style.  It gives your books a unique look.  I just think the third one is somehow different (even though I like it too).  Maybe that there's less detail in the background?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I feel like the art styles are pretty consistent but the color schemes are not. The first two use a lot of gray, black, and maybe slate-blue, with red, gold and orange for contrast. There may be bits of other colors, particularly with the instruments, but they are very small. The third one has a lighter background, with more blue-green and light-gray elements in the woman's outfit. I mean, if that's what she wears in that book, and that's how you told the artist to portray her, okay, but I feel like making the shawl/cape thing red (the floaty bit that drapes over her right shoulder and trails out behind her) and the armor and the background darker would make it feel more consistent with the other two books.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
On my computer I couldn't even see that there was a third cover! Oops. The third one is brighter than the other two. I think it still works, but if you darkened the whole thing a bit it might look more in line with the other two.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
The 3rd one isn't as matchy as the others but it's similar enough that I doubt anyone will notice. If you want it to look a little more similar, you could change her clothing and armor from blue/green to red. Could also make the background more blue-gray. (That was what struck me before I saw others were also saying the same - just the difference of color scheme).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts