Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for coming to have a look :)
Wolf Logic is the second book in a series, and I need to make sure it matches the look of the first cover. That it looks like a series, and that the two of them look good together too.

The first book in the series is "Crooks & Straights", that design is a done deal as the book is already published. The one I'm asking about is "Wolf Logic"

These are contemporary fantasy books (does that come across?) suited to a YA audience.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
They do look branded well together, but they look like kids books to me, not YA contemp fantasy. Sorry.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I think they look great together, and very much part of the same series. I can't comment on the genre but they definitely pop.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with No Cat. The design looks great and matches the first but the wolf is just so adorable it looks more like a kids book than the genre you're going for. If possible, I'd keep the same basic design and just make the wolf a little more formidable looking.

By the way, I'm currently in the process of redesigning all the covers for my series so they match, so I'm a little envious of what you're doing -__-. I wish I'd just done it right the first time.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Karen Mead said:
I agree with No Cat. The design looks great and matches the first but the wolf is just so adorable it looks more like a kids book than the genre you're going for. If possible, I'd keep the same basic design and just make the wolf a little more formidable looking.

By the way, I'm currently in the process of redesigning all the covers for my series so they match, so I'm a little envious of what you're doing -__-. I wish I'd just done it right the first time.
Karen, I agree about the too-cute wolf. I'm going to have to work at that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think you've done it right--I buy a fair amount of fantasy, including the occasional YA, and your covers look like they'd fit in on my (virtual) bookshelf while still being interesting enough to set them apart. I like them both and think they're well branded as a pair. I think they give a modern fantasy/magical feel but don't give me a sense of a particular age group. I do think there's a risk of giving the impression of middle grade with illustrated covers but I don't get that vibe from yours, personally. (I think the wolf looks very stern. :D )

I'm no expert, just reacting as a reader.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jen Rasmussen said:
I think you've done it right--I buy a fair amount of fantasy, including the occasional YA, and your covers look like they'd fit in on my (virtual) bookshelf while still being interesting enough to set them apart. I like them both and think they're well branded as a pair. I think they give a modern fantasy/magical feel but don't give me a sense of a particular age group. I do think there's a risk of giving the impression of middle grade with illustrated covers but I don't get that vibe from yours, personally. (I think the wolf looks very stern. :D )

I'm no expert, just reacting as a reader.
Thanks, Jen. I think, as you say, the thing that No Cat mentioned might be caused by the fact that they are illustrated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think they will look great on a shelf together :)

Feel free to keep this image for your FB page :)

If you want the original size - Just send me a message with your email address.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
315jny said:
I think they will look great on a shelf together :)

Feel free to keep this image for your FB page :)

If you want the original size - Just send me a message with your email address.
OMG that made me squeal!

Message about to be sent :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts