Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this cover on Canva. It's for a YA paranormal romance short story. Do you think it works? I made it for a $1. I made the title and my name slightly bigger. ETA: Is my name in purple better or worse?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C. Rysalis said:
I like it. The author's first name at the bottom is hard to read, though.
I know. But if I bunch up my name and put it entirely on the silhouette, it looks off. Not sure how to fix that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not sure what program you're using, but you might be able to use a text effect so it's more visible. I'm thinking a drop shadow, or maybe bevel and emboss?

Disclaimer: I'm awful at using Photoshop, but trial and error with this usually works for me.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I agree that it is hard to read your name. But otherwise it looks good!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, all. I'm doing this in Canva because I don't know how to use any photoshop-y type programs. I'll see if I can play with my name a bit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try a drop shadow that is an overlay and play with the opacity, fill, and size. You only need to make a soft shadow that makes the colors a bit darker and more saturated. Definitely work from the white instead of the pink.

I also suggest printing this cover to see what happens to the ink colors on the background text. Does that say Canva? It's a bit hard to read. And shrink it down to an Amazon-sized thumbnail and see if your grid lines are even visible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts