Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone! :D

I've had a ton of people contacting me asking me who did my book covers. Well, I designed my own!

Since so many people have been asking about it, I'm now offering affordable cover design services!

http://www.tarashuler.com/cover-design-service/

Covers start at just $50 for eBook covers and $125 for print covers.

I'm also offering custom 3D illustrations, like the one seen on my covers for Shelter and Storm.

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
opuscroakus said:
It has come a very long way. I use Bryce (DAZ 3D now) with mine, and you just can't tell the difference in some since they've made vast improvements with the IBL lighting. I actually prefer a computer generated scene from scratch that depicts the abstract aspects of the concept, to a poorly-chosen stock photo that doesn't.

Oh, and I still don't like most Poser renders. Even though we've made vast advances in graphics with lighting and textures, still, you can spot a CGI person a mile away, especially in those video games. With shadows and lighting and textures, reflections and refractions, sometimes even my trained eye has a hard time telling the difference, but stick a Poser person in there and it's a dead give-away.

I think that was my post to which you responded, and because I shared my experiences with someone who doesn't like CGI and was very vocal about it, I think that's why it was removed. I'll send the OP a PM, PDQ. :D
It was removed, because you clearly mistook me for someone else. I have NEVER bashed CGI. I use it myself, so why would I?

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EllenFisher said:
Tara, I read opuscroakus' post, and I'm pretty sure she wasn't mistaking you for someone else-- she was just referring to what someone else had said on the topic. Unfortunately, the post has been removed, so that's impossible to confirm, but that was my strong impression.

I'm glad I didn't have the wrong thread, anyway. :)
Her original post said "So, beware." and also said I had not posted any of my "design credentials". It was definitely directed at me, although I really have no idea why.

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
opuscroakus said:
Yeah, we'll disagree about that being "polite." It was accusatory from the word go. You didn't ASK for anything, you DEMANDED to know if there was anything I wanted to talk to you about, and then you got surprised when I became angry over it. Der.

I'm sorry you misunderstood the message and then decided to make it all about you. It wasn't. End of.
I apologize if I misread your original post, and I'm sorry if you felt my PM to you was accusatory. It was not meant to be. It was a simple request for clarification, and nothing more.

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
opuscroakus said:
I just didn't see how asking why I decided to ATTACK you and then WARN others about you can be viewed by anyone as innocuous. That's very different than, "Did I misread this? Were you talking about me? Can you clarify please, because the way I'm reading it might be wrong."

I get attacked enough around here without being blamed for crap I didn't do.

But I accept your apology. :)
Thank you. :)

For what it's worth, my apology was entirely sincere.

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'd like to extend a special offer to get things going.

The next 5 people who contact me through PM here or through the contact form on my site will get Kindle cover design for only $25.

That's a 50% discount off my regular price of $50! Be quick. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.