Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a designer and illustrator specializing in detailed photo-manipulation. I work in most genres, but especially love science fiction, fantasy, MG, YA, and thrillers.

Samples of my design work:

For more information on packages and pricing, please see: http://hollyheiseydesign.com

And please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, or even questions about design in general. I love to talk shop. :)

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I have a story coming down the pike, eventually that is going to need a massive spaceship, one with greenhouses on the top its so big that they barely take up any space. lol.

Maybe I'll just have an image from inside one of the habitat domes.... lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, AmberDa1!

geronl - Oh, that's sounds awesome! Maybe a close-up outside shot would work? But you're probably right, inside the dome would be best, maybe with the stars showing or streaking by outside.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Holly Heisey said:
Thanks, AmberDa1!

geronl - Oh, that's sounds awesome! Maybe a close-up outside shot would work? But you're probably right, inside the dome would be best, maybe with the stars showing or streaking by outside.
It's still a ways off (I have a few other things to finish first) it's only 14k words so far.

I have time to think about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very, very nice covers. As an amateur designer, I'm jealous. Makes me wish I wrote sci-fi. Someone should snag the Court of Teeth, Cybertrap, or Reloaded premade covers if they know what's good for them. I'm bookmarking you for the future, in case you do crime/thriller/suspense type covers, and if and when I finish these books on my plate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Robert! :) Your cover is gorgeous, by the way!

I adore making covers of any kind, but I particularly love working with genre stuff: scifi, fantasy, horror, suspense, thrillers, mysteries, etc.

If there's a chance I can make something either shiny, with cool magic, or things blowing up, I'm all over that!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been doing a lot of custom work lately, but I have some newer premades up!

And I also have an illustration up for grabs (as a premade) that I haven't put text to yet, but I'm planning to shortly. I love working with cool new effects! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a general update:

I've moved my design site to http://hollyheiseydesign.com. I'm booking around 4-6 months in advance now, and have started a wait list for if any slots open up earlier. I can sometimes fit smaller design jobs in around larger ones, though, so if you do need something sooner, don't hesitate to ask!

Because I'm doing mostly custom orders, I won't be offering new premades anymore. My existing premades are still here (in their very own island page on my old design site): http://hollyheisey.com/cover-design/premade-ebook-covers/ I'll keep them up until I find good homes for them all, or until zombies invade in spaceships, or I decide to take them down, whichever comes first. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts