Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only just begun the layout for the prequel cover.

Was trying to tie in the other cover elements and come up with (of course) something that grabs the eye.

My Biggest concern it the thumbnail size.

Sorta looks like the dragon is not contrasting enough?

Feedback MUCH appreciated!

G

·
Beautiful art. Dragon could maybe be a little closer, fill up more of the space. Maybe if you shrink the bottom bar a little and/or get rid of the 'prequel' line which can't be seen that well in thumbnail size anyway...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Agreed about making the dragon bigger. Look at your other two books, the objects take up a lot more room. Also the fire seems kinda... meh. Maybe if that were bigger too? Maybe it's because it's so flat where it stops? But it does go well with the the other covers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Getting better? Worse?

And Thumbnail

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bigger dragon is much better.

I would use the same font for your name as you have your other 2, that is a lot of ornamental text in one place...
How much control over text do you have in the program you are using? you'll notice the D and R are really close together and the A and G are far apart. I would adjust optically so it reads cleaner.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Much better. The flames look better too - now they don't look like they're just stopping but that they disappear off screen. Good job!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts