Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me prelude this conversation with: I'm not looking for someone to design my cover. I can and will do that. I'm looking for concept ideas.

The  novel is a humorous take on ancient mythology stories, like The Iliad, The Odyssey, The Aeneid, The Britannia, etc. The basic premise is that the Trojans, after the defeat of Troy, traveled around the world until they found America (so it's the foundation story of America). Anyway, enough of that.

I'm looking for different ideas of how to relate this in my cover. My first thought was of a pirate ship with some Greek guy ripping off his toga, but that seemed kind of overused (seen it a few times in comedic works). My current thought is a sailing ship coming up to see the Status of Liberty. Not really funny, but about the only thing I can come up with right now. I would like to interject a bit of humor into the cover, which is sometimes hard, but at the same time the book is written like it's the translation of a Greek text, so it might need a bit of stodginess to it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
545 Posts
How about this:

A Grecian urn, but with modern American symbols on it. The Statue of Liberty, as you suggest, the Empire State Building, the White House. And instead of Greek sports, an American Football player, someone dunking on a basketball hoop, etc. The art work would look like classical Grecian work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts