Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. This is probably going to be one of those really obvious things that can be solved by simply clicking a checkbox or a button... but I can't seem to fix it. :-\

When Scrivener compiles my manuscript as an ePub and then I transfer it to my iPad, the cover image is not only visible on the iBooks' library shelf, but also appears as 'Page 1' of my book.

Can I stop this from happening? If so, how? ???

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hey JR,

Just saw your posts. I'm a relatively new Scrivener user but I'm afraid I'm not sure how to take the image off. If it's any help, I don't add my covers to Scrivener when creating epub files.

Hope someone can be of more help. :)

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Well you want the cover to be in your file. I think what you're asking is how you get the file to open at the first page of text rather than on the cover?

In Windows Scrivener, there's no way to do this AFAIK. I'm pretty sure it's not in the Mac version either. What you want is to set a start tag in the OPF file. Some viewers will respect that and others won't.

To edit, the raw code in the epub it should have a statement in the OPF file something like this:

<guide>
<reference type="text" title="Start Here" href="Text/body.xhtml"></reference>
</guide>

and body.xhtml (or whatever file you wanted) would be the section it opens on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts