Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday the 24th I republished Demon Frenzy, both Kindle and paperback, with a new cover. Immediately my old cover image disappeared from the Kindle product page to be replaced by the message "No image available." I've written three emails and finally got a so-called human response saying they'd look into the problem and get back with me in ONE WEEK! This was yesterday, and of course there's still no cover image. The paperback at least has an image--of the old cover.

Has anyone else ever had this sort of problem? I've considered republishing again just to see if that jars the robots, but if it doesn't it will probably put me back at the end of the week-long line. I want to submit the book to Bookbub for a promo to run when the sequel is published (which is only waiting for a cover), but of course I don't want to submit it until the new cover is visible, and I know Bookbub will want me to submit at least a month before the promo runs (just so they can turn me down, of course), and by then it will nearly be summer. Any advice?

Here's a link to the lovely mess: http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Frenzy-Harvey-Click-ebook/dp/B00NCHZT22

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Quite a few people seem to be experiencing delays. It should show up. My book went up for sale about a week and a half ago and it took a long time for the cover to show up. It did eventually show up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, Yoda. Do you remember how long "a long time" was? So far I've been waiting for four days.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This problem still remains unfixed after seven days! There is still no cover image showing on the product page, not even the old cover image, and needless to say nobody has wanted to buy or borrow the book during this time. Furthermore, the product page for the paperback edition still shows the old cover.

The only response I've gotten from Amazon is that they'll get back with me by April 3 at the end of the day--a full 10 days after my initial complaint. This seems wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
What a bummer. There are so many things related to to the Amazon book pages that should be instantaneous but take days instead.

When it happens to me I try to take the long view, but it's still frustrating.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, TromboneAl. It's especially frustrating because I have a sequel coming out in about a week and for that reason want to submit the first book (Demon Frenzy) to Bookbub to draw attention to the sequel, but of course I don't want to do that when the cover image isn't available.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Here are some hugs and jelly beans.    Hope your book gets its new clothes soon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was in the same boat just last week. I'm still waiting for the Look Inside! feature to reflect the new cover and formatting on 4 of my books.

It's good to know customer service is also being slow on this issue. They're usually very prompt and effective, which leads me to believe their system has slowed to molasses lately and there's little they can do about it either. I'll wait a bit longer before trying to contact them about it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Sorry to hear, Harvey.  Not sure if I've ever seen "no image available" before -- that's sort of ridiculous.  At least show the old one in the interim.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Replying to add that the cover to my new release suddenly disappeared and has that same "no image available" picture. I hadn't changed anything in my dashboard at all, and the book has been live for close to a week. Very frustrating. I hope your problem gets corrected soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts