Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Donna (from DigitalDonna) is working on a cover for me. Usually I have no problem picking one, but this time, I'm torn between a few different versions. My wife and I looked them over last night, and we eliminated one. But there's two left, and we both have different opinions on them. What do you guys think?

Just for reference, Mind Slide is about a guy who can project his mind anywhere he wants (think Remote Viewing, but with some creative additions :) ). I'm still struggling how to market. Half the book is romance. The other half is running from government agents, mind sliding goodness. :)

Anyway, here they are:

I'll reveal my thoughts and my wife's after I see what you guys think :)

Edited to add thumbnails, 125 px high :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree with everyone, the second one is best for your novel. However, I would add that you should make your name slightly brighter or bolder, just for clarity.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like the title effects from the right, but I prefer the author's name font from the book on the left, since I think the other one doesn't look as good in thumbnail.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jim Franz said:
I like the title effects from the right, but I prefer the author's name font from the book on the left, since I think the other one doesn't look as good in thumbnail.
This is exactly my opinion. :)

tawnytaylor said:
delete the girl's face. It's strange, how it's floating there.
This is what I'm pulling my hair out over. My wife said the same thing. But this character is a huge part of the book, and I wanted her on the cover. But without her, the cover works too. So, I'm torn. :)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
My initial reaction was RIGHT and take the girl's face out.  Then I decided I could live with the face.  It does hint at the possible romance.  Could she be worked in more cleverly?  Dunno, ask the artist.  ;)

But seriously with or without the face, it's a sharp cover.  There are pros and cons to the face and I don't think it would hurt either in or out.  It's cleaner without, but I understand the desire to hint at the female character. 

·
Registered
876 Posts
Glenn Bullion said:
This is exactly my opinion. :)

This is what I'm pulling my hair out over. My wife said the same thing. But this character is a huge part of the book, and I wanted her on the cover. But without her, the cover works too. So, I'm torn. :)
Chuck her out! ;D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I like the second one better... BUT I'd take your name from the first since it looks better in the thumbnail...

-jb 8)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.