Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I've been dying to reveal this cover and today's the day! As many of you know, I (and several others on this board, unfortunately) lost some money when a certain cover artist who shall not be named disappeared without producing the art we paid for. Despite her flakiness, she was very talented, and I was so sad to lose her for this cover. Being a mix of YA and zombies and magic, I really needed something custom.

From other artwork here on KB and that caught my eye on Amazon, I contacted Renu Sharma to see if she had time to work with me, and it was truly one of the best decisions I could have made. She is AMAZING. She was incredibly professional, had a lot of great ideas and in the end, produced a cover that I sincerely feel is the best cover for my new book. Thank you, Renu! I can honestly recommend her with the highest level of sincerity. I'm so excited to finally get to show off her stunning cover. I hope you guys like it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm getting you're not asking for critique on the thing so....Congrats on getting your cover!:)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
It's beautiful and very enticing! I bet you'll get plenty of sales on that alone!

Great covers as always, Renu.  :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
sarracannon said:
Hi everyone! I've been dying to reveal this cover and today's the day! As many of you know, I (and several others on this board, unfortunately) lost some money when a certain cover artist who shall not be named disappeared without producing the art we paid for. Despite her flakiness, she was very talented, and I was so sad to lose her for this cover. Being a mix of YA and zombies and magic, I really needed something custom.

From other artwork here on KB and that caught my eye on Amazon, I contacted Renu Sharma to see if she had time to work with me, and it was truly one of the best decisions I could have made. She is AMAZING. She was incredibly professional, had a lot of great ideas and in the end, produced a cover that I sincerely feel is the best cover for my new book. Thank you, Renu! I can honestly recommend her with the highest level of sincerity. I'm so excited to finally get to show off her stunning cover. I hope you guys like it!

This is just amazing, Sarra!! I cannot stop looking at it. Renu is amazing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
LOVE the artwork. Can I pick one tiny nit? If there's a way to change the tick mark to an apostrophe that would be lovely.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! I have really been blown away by Renu's work and professionalism. She was so much fun to work with, and I can't wait to start working on the next cover for the series.

DD, that's a good suggestion. I wasn't planning on making any changes, but now that you mention it, I'd love to see it with that change. Thanks :).

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
<derailing>
Oh Robin, thanks so much for displaying the CBT cover in your sig! I love what you did with it! :D
I should stop lurking on the boards and finish writing the story, right? ::)
</derailing>

·
Registered
305 Posts
@sarracannon, my bet is that typeface doesn't have a real curly quote symbol. What I do in those cases is find a similar script typeface that does have a proper curly apostrophe, and insert that instead.

@nathalie, get to work! :)

G

·
The apostrophe comment was going to be mine as well. That aside, this is really attractive. Congrats on a killer cover!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ardin said:
Amazing. It's going to sell like hot cakes.
Thanks! Gosh, I hope so. It's a little scary to be starting a new series.

Cheyanne - Thank you!

Jason - Thanks a lot! I really do love it the way it is, but it'll be interesting to see it the other way too. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
The Dark Rayne said:
Thanks so much everyone. Sarra, it was a pleasure working with you!
Looks like you are confusing me with some one else. ???
Sorry - old eyes...I read Rene, not Renu. My OP removed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Awesome and vivid! I want to work with Renu at some point, love her covers. Just need to save up some more cash!  ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts