Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the cover I will be using for the first six episodes of The War of Antiquities. The number in the pocket-watch will increase with each episode. There will be a new but similar themed cover for episodes 7-11, 12-16, and 17-22.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes and no.  Each episode is aprox 10,000 words long.  The shortest so far was 8,800 and the longest at 12,400.  When it's complete it will be a touch longer than my original trilogy combined.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Why not have hands on the watch behind a translucent nmber? As the series progresses the hands move around the clock...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hands on the clock is an excellent idea. You could also adjust the color slightly for each episode. Slowly fade from green through the spectrum.
Anyway, this is an excellent cover. Who did it?
Also, do you sell your episodes individually. Does it work well. Do people follow through to the rest of the series? Just asking because my first western is about 10,000 words and I was thinking of building up a series, but wasn't sure if perhaps standalone stories would be better.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the original ideas with the cover sets was to create a bunch of different emblems or chevrons to use where the episode number is. I fell in love with the pocket watch though. There is some nice symbolism with it. Pocket watches are the keys to The Eternal Gateway. I do like the clock hand idea. I might use that when it comes to bundling them. Have the time be 6:10 or 1:30 or something for the first one. So the hands are on 1 and 6.

I don't have any information on how well they sell. Episode One will be uploaded this Sunday, so I don't have any sales data to share. I plan on releasing one episode a week for the first 6, then take a four week break before moving on to the second set of 5. That will give me ten weeks of data to look at. If it's going well, I will continue. If not, it's early enough in the series that I can make adjustments. Pricing is also something I have been wrestling with. I've spent quite a bit of time and money on covers and editing. A 99c price point just isn't an economically viable price for me other than for the first episode as a loss leader. However I am concerned with $2.99 being unattractive with the number of episodes there will be. Thus the 10 week release schedule and data gathering.

The artist that did the cover is the same artist that did my Gateway trilogy. Her name is JR Fleming. She was recommended to me by an old screenwriting friend. Some of her work can be found at http://www.jrfleming.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts