Kindle Forum banner

COVER TO COVER Professional Copyedits and Proofreading - March/April 2024

30K views 181 replies 19 participants last post by  jadewritesbooks 
#1 · (Edited)
EMAIL jadewritesbooks@gmail.com
Further information can be found on my website - Cover To Cover ¦ Editing Services

On a tight deadline? Need it in a hurry? I have a Fast Track service!

Fast Tracked also includes a 'clean' document, meaning in the event you accept all the changes on the edited file, you already have a clean manuscript ready to go.

This is available at an additional $1.25 per 1k words.

Welcome everyone :)

I'm here to offer my services as an editor and proofreader. I've had a lot of experience with both indie and traditional authors -- I'm currently a copyeditor with City Owl Press -- and I'm always on hand to answer any questions you may have!

All information and calendar updates can be found on my website - Cover To Cover ¦ Editing Services

Proofreading is $3 per 1k words. Eg: average novel = 60k words = $180
I look over your manuscript twice.
Both passes are to check grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Time of completion will vary depending on novel length and amount of bookings for the month. Priority service available.

Copyedits are typically $4 per 1k words. Eg. Average novel = 60k words = $240
I cover your manuscript twice.
Copyedits include everything as a proofread does, with the addition of sentence structure, tense, crutch words, continuity, and readability.
Time of completion will vary depending on novel length and amount of bookings for the month. Priority service available.

I now offer phone calls to discuss edits / edit letters, at $30 per 30 mins :)

If you have a project a bit outside the norm, need an editor / proofreader committed to a series, or want to develop a long-term working relationship, I'm the one! :)

ABOUT ME:
  • Copyeditor for City Owl Press
    Longlisted with my YA novel for WriteMentor Children's Novel Award 2019
    Entertainment Editor for an online magazine for 3+ years
    BA (Hons) in Media Production at Staffordshire University
    Copywriter for Copify, contributing to Amazon, ao.com, etc
    Foundation in Creative Writing by the Open University
    Proofreading and Copyediting Accredited by John Academy London

PLEASE reach out if you need some currency conversion or feel free to ask any questions here, or by email - jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

See less See more
Discussion starter · #47 ·
Hi everyone!

Booking developmental edits from June 7th, but I have proofreading spots available prior :) email jadewritesbooks@gmail.com or message me to discuss your project needs!

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Hey all! Currently booking for spaces:

20th June - 1st July.
10th July - 17th July
21st July - 30th July

Please contact me jadewritesbooks@gmail.com for more info -- even if your preferred timescale isn't listed, I may be able to accomodate you!

Booking for August as well.

All require 10% deposit to reserve space :)

Discussion starter · #51 ·
ShaneCarrow said:
Just wanted to thank Jade for her proofreading services - she squeezed me in last minute (because I'm disorganised) and did a good quality job with a quick turnaround time. Super affordable too. Thanks!
Thank you so much! It was a pleasure ^_^ hope to work with you again

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Hi all, going into July I still have plenty of slots for proofreads available, only a few for Dev edits, but please do email with your deadlines / timescales as I can always see how I can accomodate smaller or faster projects.

OPEN SPOTS:
9th - 14th July
20th July - 25th July
26th July - 31st July

email JADEWRITESBOOKS@GMAIL.COM for more information!

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Hi Kboards!

The month is slowly filling up. While I have developmental edits until the 22nd, I'm still available for proofreading and smaller dev edits in between.

Any questions let me know here or email me - jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Hi all,

in addition to the below dates for developmental edits, I have some EXPRESS proofreading spots open which means any document of up to 80k words can be delivered in up to 3 days.

Contact me here or email jadewritesbooks@gmail.com to discuss your needs

25th July - 31st July
1st AUG onwards

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Hi authors!

Hope everyone's holding up in the hot weather (or having a nice winter, in the southern hemisphere!)

I've got spaces available from this weekend, all the way up to mid-August and I'm still offering express proofreading. Email me jadewritesbooks@gmail.com to discuss your project!

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Anthony Dor said:
I wrote a book in my native language, Portuguese, and I translated it into English - The Dogs' Revolution, for 10-12 year-old readers. Of course, it was not in its best shape. Jade helped me out by suggesting changes, cutting out, and ticking off words that were not the best ones for the target reader. Thank you, Jade! As I said, I look forward to reading your own stories.
Thank you so much Anthony! I really enjoyed working with you :)

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Hello again authors!

Availability is filling up for August AND September, but I'm still able to fit in projects. I also now offer an optional phone consulation after the edit, $50 for 30 minutes to discuss the edit letter, your thoughts, questions, and how you wish to go forwards on your novel.

SLOTS AVAILABLE:
3rd August - 10th August
12th August - 17th August
19th August - 24th August
1st September - 8th September

Email me jadewritesbooks@gmail.com to discuss your project!

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Hello again authors!

I seem to have had a rush of August requests, and at the moment the below dates are free -- please do check the calendar on my website's contact page if you're wondering whether I have space, I keep that regularly updated every day. I'm still able to fit in projects alongside one another.

SLOTS AVAILABLE (anytime between):
18th August - 31st August
1st September - 14th September
15th - 29th September

Email me jadewritesbooks@gmail.com to discuss your project!

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Hi Authors,

Pretty much same as my last entry here -- while I have a proofread and developmental edit ongoing into the next week, I do have free spots available. Just drop me a line / email at jadewritesbooks@gmail.com to discuss your project's needs and we'll go from there :)

Discussion starter · #61 ·
Hi authors, hope August has treated you kindly!

I have space for an edit as of next week (26th Aug) and proofreads from the week after. If you're not sure of times, you can always check out my website calendar which shows current and future bookings on my site, or simply email me to discuss your project - jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Discussion starter · #62 ·
Hi authors!

So September is filling up, but I do still have spaces. If you check the calendar and don't see your preferred dates, still reach out - I do multiple projects at a time, depending on volume, and I'm almost always able to fit clients in.

Still offering express proofreads to fufil deadlines ie: pre-orders, promos, release dates etc.

Reach out to discuss as always :) happy to talk about your needs.

Discussion starter · #63 ·
Hi authors!

Wanted to say thanks for your enquiries -- Only a few limited Proofreading spots left for September. I'm still booking Developmental edits AND proofreads for October, and November.

Still offering express proofreads for September (and sevelopmental edits in October/November) to fufil deadlines ie: pre-orders, promos, release dates etc.

Reach out to discuss as always :) happy to talk about your needs and fit you in where I can.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Jess Queue said:
I wanted to stop by this thread to give Jade kudos for the developmental edit she recently completed for my first novel. As a new writer I was very hesitant to work with someone I never met. Not only did she put me at ease, her suggestions were spot on. With her advice, I know my novel is in a much better place than before her involvement. Her prices are reasonable and her turnaround quick and true to her deadline. I look forward to working with her again in the future. Thanks again!
It was an absolute pleasure, Jess, and thank you! Wishing you all the best with your novel :) can't wait to see what you do with it.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Hi authors!

I'm booking for both developmental edits and proofreads October into November. No more September slots, I'm sorry! But I have most of October and ALL of November slots currently workable. Message me your dates and project and let's work something out!

I've had a few questions about mentorships, too - I do mentorships, and I'm quite used to dealing with first time authors. Don't hesitate to reach out regarding this.

EMAIL: Jadewritesbooks@gmail.com for all your needs, happy to speak about your project!

Discussion starter · #68 ·
kathrynoh said:
I've worked with Jade on my last few novels. Her prices are very competitive and she is very flexible with fast turnaround times. I've found her great to work with and very responsive. I've used her proofreading service and Jade doesn't go outside the scope of the work by trying to change my voice (something I really hate). I've had several other editors try to change my writing to sound stiff and business-like. That said, she does provide helpful notes if she finds issues.

Because I'm Australian, Jade has been invaluable for "Americanising" my work.

Recommended :D
Thanks so much Kathryn!! Hope to work with you again soon and good luck with everything! :)

Authors, I'm still taking on clients for October -- If you can't see a space for the dates you'd like, please email me! I may still be able to fit you in.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Hi authors! Current slots available for proofreadings and edits are:

10th - 17th October
19th - 28th October

As well as booking into November. If you can't see any slots for a time you need, let's chat :)

Discussion starter · #70 ·
Hi authors! This time again, I have updates!

I CURRENTLY HAVE SPACE FOR:
8th - 14th - 1 proofread
14th - 22nd - either 1 Proofread or 1 Dev Edit
22nd onwards - flexible! :)

If you can't see any slots for a time you need, let's chat and see if there's something I can do to accomodate you :)  Still booking for November, and going into next year now for any Winter / Spring releases you might already have on your radar.

Thanks!