Kindle Forum banner

COVER TO COVER Professional Copyedits and Proofreading - March/April 2024

30K views 181 replies 19 participants last post by  jadewritesbooks 
#1 · (Edited)
EMAIL jadewritesbooks@gmail.com
Further information can be found on my website - Cover To Cover ¦ Editing Services

On a tight deadline? Need it in a hurry? I have a Fast Track service!

Fast Tracked also includes a 'clean' document, meaning in the event you accept all the changes on the edited file, you already have a clean manuscript ready to go.

This is available at an additional $1.25 per 1k words.

Welcome everyone :)

I'm here to offer my services as an editor and proofreader. I've had a lot of experience with both indie and traditional authors -- I'm currently a copyeditor with City Owl Press -- and I'm always on hand to answer any questions you may have!

All information and calendar updates can be found on my website - Cover To Cover ¦ Editing Services

Proofreading is $3 per 1k words. Eg: average novel = 60k words = $180
I look over your manuscript twice.
Both passes are to check grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Time of completion will vary depending on novel length and amount of bookings for the month. Priority service available.

Copyedits are typically $4 per 1k words. Eg. Average novel = 60k words = $240
I cover your manuscript twice.
Copyedits include everything as a proofread does, with the addition of sentence structure, tense, crutch words, continuity, and readability.
Time of completion will vary depending on novel length and amount of bookings for the month. Priority service available.

I now offer phone calls to discuss edits / edit letters, at $30 per 30 mins :)

If you have a project a bit outside the norm, need an editor / proofreader committed to a series, or want to develop a long-term working relationship, I'm the one! :)

ABOUT ME:
  • Copyeditor for City Owl Press
    Longlisted with my YA novel for WriteMentor Children's Novel Award 2019
    Entertainment Editor for an online magazine for 3+ years
    BA (Hons) in Media Production at Staffordshire University
    Copywriter for Copify, contributing to Amazon, ao.com, etc
    Foundation in Creative Writing by the Open University
    Proofreading and Copyediting Accredited by John Academy London

PLEASE reach out if you need some currency conversion or feel free to ask any questions here, or by email - jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

See less See more
Discussion starter · #140 ·
Hi authors! Hope you had a wonderful holiday period :)

Booking is available now for spots from 8th January, and if you know you'll need me further ahead I'm also taking reservations into February.

All my availability is listed on my calendar: https://jadewritesbooks.wixsite.com/mysite-1/contact

And I'm happy to answer any questions or discuss your projects! jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Happy New Year!

Discussion starter · #141 ·
Happy new year, authors!

Only one space left for January, which is 22nd-28th January.

I'm then away until 7th February, but I'm taking bookings for 8th February onward :)

As always, you can see my availability at: https://jadewritesbooks.wixsite.com/mysite-1/contact and reach me for any questions at jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #142 ·
Hello, authors! Hope the year's treating you well so far.

After I take a small break at the end of Jan/starting February, the next free space for both proofreads and copyedits is from the 14th February.

As always, you can see my availability at: https://jadewritesbooks.wixsite.com/mysite-1/contact and reach me for any questions at jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #143 ·
Hi authors!

You've all certainly kept me busy recently, but reaching out to say that I am taking bookings from next week (last week of March) and into April!

Let me know if you have any questions, and as always I love to chat about whatever your project may need: jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Discussion starter · #144 ·
Hey authors!

I have space from Monday, 5th April onwards in the current blocks:

5th April - 14th April
15th April - 24th April

I can take two projects each with these :) As always, you can see my full availability at: CONTACT | Cover to Cover and reach me for any questions at jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Reactions: viper9826
Discussion starter · #145 ·
Hi authors!

Hope you're all doing well! I am currently booking for May, there's a few spots booked already, but right now there are spaces from the 11th onward.

As always, you can see my full availability at: CONTACT | Cover to Cover and reach me for any questions at jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Discussion starter · #146 ·
Hey authors!

Hope May's going well for you so far. I currently have availability from the 22nd of May, with room for some smaller projects prior.

22nd - 31st May - room for 2 projects
1st June - 7th June - room for 1 project
8th June onwards - available to be reserved

Let me know if there's any dates you have in mind! As always, you can see my full availability at: CONTACT | Cover to Cover and reach me for any questions at jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Discussion starter · #147 ·
Hello all!

Thank you for your inquiries re: June availability! Some jobs are not 100% confirmed until authors know more, those are being reserved so there is some flexibility if you are interested in a proofread/copyedit and wish to book in with me
:)

Let me know if there's any dates you have in mind! As always, you can see my full availability at: CONTACT | Cover to Cover and reach me for any questions at jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Discussion starter · #148 ·
Hello, lovelies

I have availability for projects for the rest of this month, and I'm taking reservations for July if you know you'll need copyedits/proofreads around then too

As always, you can see my availability at: CONTACT | Cover to Cover and reach me for any questions at jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #149 ·
Hey authors,

Booking from around 11th July onwards. Always taking bookings for the month ahead too, so if you know you'll need proofreading/copyedits in August let me know and I'll get you scheduled in

As always, you can see my availability at: CONTACT | Cover to Cover and reach me for any questions at jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Thanks!
Modify message

Discussion starter · #150 ·
Hi hi!

There's some availability from 21st July onwards for a proofread/copyedit, so if you have dates in mind, let me know!

Otherwise, I'm still taking bookings for August

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #153 ·
Hello authors!

Hope October is treating you well so far. I have availability from 15th October, and I'm officially booking November and December as well
I know the holiday season can get pretty busy!

You can check all my availability and services here: CONTACT | Cover to Cover

Any questions, my email is jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Discussion starter · #154 ·
Hi hi, authors :)
My November schedule is up to date as of today - I have plenty of availability for projects up until the last week of November into December.
You can check all my availability and services here: CONTACT | Cover to Cover

Happy to answer any questions and reserve spaces ahead of time! My email is jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Discussion starter · #155 ·
Hello, authors!

I have some availability this coming week and the last week of November, as another project has been pushed back slightly. If you need a proofread or copyedit ASAP, now's the time to snag that spot!

All my availability and services can be found here: CONTACT | Cover to Cover

Happy to answer any questions and reserve spaces ahead of time! My email is jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

Discussion starter · #156 ·
Hi, authors!

I hope December is treating you well. I have availability for both copyedits and proofread from TODAY (13th) until the end of the year - please note, I won't be working 24th/25th December. I'm also booking in advance for 2022 projects!

All my availability and services can be found here: CONTACT | Cover to Cover

Discussion starter · #157 ·
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

May 2022 bring you loads of success! To start off the year, I have plenty of space available amongst my Fast Track projects already booked - all my availability and services can be found here: CONTACT | Cover to Cover

Tell me about your projects! I'd be happy to help :)

Discussion starter · #158 ·
Hello authors!

The January rush is now settling down, I have free spaces toward the end of the month and into February - All current availability and services can be found at my website here: CONTACT | Cover to Cover

Discussion starter · #159 ·
Hello authors!

February has some spots available for proofreads and copyedits, and I'm officially booking as far ahead as April.

All current availability and services can be found at my website here: CONTACT | Cover to Cover