Kindle Forum banner

COVER TO COVER Professional Copyedits and Proofreading - March/April 2024

30K views 181 replies 19 participants last post by  jadewritesbooks 
#1 · (Edited)
EMAIL jadewritesbooks@gmail.com
Further information can be found on my website - Cover To Cover ¦ Editing Services

On a tight deadline? Need it in a hurry? I have a Fast Track service!

Fast Tracked also includes a 'clean' document, meaning in the event you accept all the changes on the edited file, you already have a clean manuscript ready to go.

This is available at an additional $1.25 per 1k words.

Welcome everyone :)

I'm here to offer my services as an editor and proofreader. I've had a lot of experience with both indie and traditional authors -- I'm currently a copyeditor with City Owl Press -- and I'm always on hand to answer any questions you may have!

All information and calendar updates can be found on my website - Cover To Cover ¦ Editing Services

Proofreading is $3 per 1k words. Eg: average novel = 60k words = $180
I look over your manuscript twice.
Both passes are to check grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Time of completion will vary depending on novel length and amount of bookings for the month. Priority service available.

Copyedits are typically $4 per 1k words. Eg. Average novel = 60k words = $240
I cover your manuscript twice.
Copyedits include everything as a proofread does, with the addition of sentence structure, tense, crutch words, continuity, and readability.
Time of completion will vary depending on novel length and amount of bookings for the month. Priority service available.

I now offer phone calls to discuss edits / edit letters, at $30 per 30 mins :)

If you have a project a bit outside the norm, need an editor / proofreader committed to a series, or want to develop a long-term working relationship, I'm the one! :)

ABOUT ME:
  • Copyeditor for City Owl Press
    Longlisted with my YA novel for WriteMentor Children's Novel Award 2019
    Entertainment Editor for an online magazine for 3+ years
    BA (Hons) in Media Production at Staffordshire University
    Copywriter for Copify, contributing to Amazon, ao.com, etc
    Foundation in Creative Writing by the Open University
    Proofreading and Copyediting Accredited by John Academy London

PLEASE reach out if you need some currency conversion or feel free to ask any questions here, or by email - jadewritesbooks@gmail.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Jade, welcome to the KB Writers Cafe! [br][br]You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe![br][br]Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages Listing, found here:[br]http://www.kboards.com/yp/[br][br]The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.[br][br]In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service wil be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again to post to. And, you may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (such as this post), you may reply but otherwise must wait seven days, thanks![br][br]Note that members may provide civil and honest feedback about your service to this thread, and you may respond in a civil manner. Disputes between you and clients should be handled off site.[br][br]Betsy[br]KBoards Moderator [br][br]Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service, for example, by asking KB members for feedback and doing an Internet search such as "service provider name" complaints.

#4 ·
Sale is still on, and there's a few spots still available for June and July!

RECENT TESTIMONIALS

"Jade has done a few passes on my queries and a developmental edit on my manuscript, and she is a very insightful editor, offering poignant and constructive advice. She is very prompt and thorough with her work, and I found her suggestions very helpful. You won't be disappointed with her work! :)"  Kelly B  @kbarina13

"Jade really helped my query letter shine. She highlighted the areas I needed to focus on while also pointing out what worked. She has great insight and I'm already looking into hiring her to help me with my synopsis!" Nicole L @nicolelowrey

"Jade gives prompt and detailed feedback, focusing on both a query's strong points and its weaknesses. I appreciated her identifying exactly what needed to be fixed and how to do it. She clearly has a lot of knowledge about the publishing process. My current query feels ready for agents. I highly recommend her services." -Katherine T @bookgirl_kt

#5 ·
Thanks so much for the positive emails I've received! I have 2 spots available for June and 3 for July for FULL MS critiques.

RECENT FEEDBACK - Just as I was about to set my story on fire, Jade came to the rescue. She highlighted the strengths and pointed out areas where I could clarify and streamline. Her critique gave me exactly what I needed to improve my focus. Perhaps even more importantly, some of her comments made me rethink aspects of my manuscript and after addressing them, my book is better than ever. Let Jade critique for you - you won't regret it!
Emily T

EMAIL ME: jadewritesbooks [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks, guys!

#6 ·
Just wanted to pop in and say that I hired Jade for my Urban Fantasy first in series and I found her comments to be very helpful. She pointed out where I could add in more details and scenes to help strengthen character bonds and scenery. She also points out the bits she likes, which gives my ego a little boost ;)

Reasonably priced, as she does two passes of the MS.

Thanks so much, Jade!

#7 ·
N. D. Iverson said:
Just wanted to pop in and say that I hired Jade for my Urban Fantasy first in series and I found her comments to be very helpful. She pointed out where I could add in more details and scenes to help strengthen character bonds and scenery. She also points out the bits she likes, which gives my ego a little boost ;)

Reasonably priced, as she does two passes of the MS.

Thanks so much, Jade!
Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to read your work :)

#9 ·
Hi guys! Spring slots are now open, please get in touch to reserve your space or get in touch for custom edits!

150GBP / $190 DEVELOPMENTAL AND  EDIT FOR ALL MANUSCRIPTS - LIMITED TIME ONLY! 10 page edit letter for your novel plus detailed in-MS feedback.

#11 ·
Hi,

I just wanted to jump on here and leave a quick review about Jade. I hired her to edit my first novel, a paranormal romance. Let me just say, from having no experience with any editors, that I feel so happy to have found her. Jade dove right into my characters' traits and flaws, pointing out inconsistencies and weak points throughout my book. She also provided many positive notes on parts that were really strong. I didn't cringe too much as I read through her suggestions, because they have really made my story pop.

#12 ·
blackmermaid said:
Hi,

I just wanted to jump on here and leave a quick review about Jade. I hired her to edit my first novel, a paranormal romance. Let me just say, from having no experience with any editors, that I feel so happy to have found her. Jade dove right into my characters' traits and flaws, pointing out inconsistencies and weak points throughout my book. She also provided many positive notes on parts that were really strong. I didn't cringe too much as I read through her suggestions, because they have really made my story pop.
Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to edit for you ^_^

#16 ·
Just a reminder I have an offer on developmental edits for #PrideMonth! Three spots remaining, also taking reservations for July and August. As an aside, I also offer proofreading, query critiques, and synopsis help. Message me or email jadewritesbooks@gmail.com for more information!

#21 ·
DECEMBER OFFER ALL EDITING PACKAGES ARE NOW 30% OFF! WITH A *FANTASTIC* 5 DAY TURNAROUND - MAXIMUM. NO MATTER HOW LONG YOUR MANUSCRIPT MAY BE!

That means a 77k book which would usually be £300 is now £210!! Message me or email jadewritesbooks@gmail.com for more information.

#24 ·
Wowza, it's cold - so I'm holing myself up for the next few weeks, editing brilliant books. I have 2 spaces available - 1 full MS edit and 1 full proofread. Get in touch to reserve your place!